CoinPeople.com

USSR 1/2 Kopek 1925

Scottishmoney

... This denomination was very shortlived as it was nearly valueless.

I have to disagree with this statement. The coin was minted for 4 (I believe) years which is not REALLY a short span. Moreover, it was worth something during 1924-1925 according to my sources.

Also, I believe this type is highly undervalued as almost all Soviet coins. I expect pretty big hike in the prices for the pieces soon (do we really need one ? :-)

I have to disagree with this statement. The coin was minted for 4 (I believe) years which is not REALLY a short span. Moreover, it was worth something during 1924-1925 according to my sources.

Also, I believe this type is highly undervalued as almost all Soviet coins. I expect pretty big hike in the prices for the pieces soon (do we really need one ? :-)

1/2 Kopeck was minted for 3 years 1925, 1927, 1928. And interestingly other coppers were minted in 1924 and some in 1925 (1925 1 Kopeck is scarce, especially in good condition and 2 Kopecks of 1925 is very rare). In 1927 and 1928 all other denominations were smaller size and weight coins made in Bronze so I guess 1/2 Kopeck in size bigger than 1 Kopeck looked odd at that time.

WCO