CoinPeople.com

Protecting your Banknote

see323

dave, what mos/unit are you with? do you know if you're joining in on the fun anytime soon? were you "lucky" enough to be part of the 12,000 guardsman they're bringing over? i'm drawing bah pay from san diego, and along with hazardous duty/hostile fire/tax-free pay, i was able to 'go crazy' on stuff that wasn't even an option a year ago. :ninja:

I'm actually in the Air Guard in a Combat Communications Squadron. We were exempt from mandatory deployments (although we had several volunteer) until we went through an Operational Readiness Inspection (Read: MOPP 4/Smoke/GBS's/PAR team sweeps/simulated snipers & missle & Ground attacks/etc all while still bringing internet and email capabilities to a forward deployed location - it's hard to type in IP Addresses and troubleshoot printer issues in MOPP 4!). But we received an Outstanding score and now I think we're on the chopping block. Hmm... That didn't sound right... how about - we're in line for deployment. But who knows for sure. I haven't heard anything yet. I was slated to go to Afghanistan last January, but they wanted us to stay for the ORI instead. Don't know if I was dissapointed or not.

I'm actually in the Air Guard in a Combat Communications Squadron. We were exempt from mandatory deployments (although we had several volunteer) until we went through an Operational Readiness Inspection (Read: MOPP 4/Smoke/GBS's/PAR team sweeps/simulated snipers & missle & Ground attacks/etc all while still bringing internet and email capabilities to a forward deployed location - it's hard to type in IP Addresses and troubleshoot printer issues in MOPP 4!). But we received an Outstanding score and now I think we're on the chopping block. Hmm... That didn't sound right... how about - we're in line for deployment. But who knows for sure. I haven't heard anything yet. I was slated to go to Afghanistan last January, but they wanted us to stay for the ORI instead. Don't know if I was dissapointed or not.

Combat Communication Squadron - Interesting...support role...I believe something to do with signal company but support the air force since it is a squardron. ;) I admire you guys going for the real war. :ninja:

see323: thank you for the input and for recommending these in the first place. i bought the brown, black, blue, and green big ones, and a red small one. at first i was thinking about getting all the same color, but i figured the color coding will help me find the notes i'm looking for faster. my old binders were all the same color and i never bothered to put labels on the spines. finding specific notes sometimes meant going through 2-3 binders. i'm really looking forward to using these new albums. so far every review i've read about lighthouse and their products have been very positive. i'm sure they'll work out great!

dave: it's good to hear you're in commo! sounds like we might be doing the same thing. in 2003 we used uhf/vhf that needed constant supervision, but now we're using the jnn/satellite system. after the link is up, it pretty much takes care of itself. for fun we'd visit user terminals with unusually high bandwidth usage and try to hunt down people who were downloading 'inappropriate material'. our signal company has since been tasked out to help other units with their manpower issues, and i'm stuck tracking helicopters at the moment. on the bright side for you, if you ever deploy at least you're only out for six months instead of twelve! including mobilization and training, i'm on month 13 out of 18, (8 out of 12 in-country)!

also, mopp 4 is all fun and games until you have to take a #2. :ninja:

San_Miguel98 - Looks like were closelt related in our MOS/AFSC alright! I have a few friends over there now on leave from the ANG and working as contractors.... Kirkuk, I think is where most of them are now.

Anyway - back on topic before I get thumped - I really like those albums, but I just can't spend the dough on them at this point... I hope to be able to someday, but for now, I think I'm ok. I hope so anyway... Anyhow, congrats on the new notes and the new albums.... you should post a pick of them when you get them all done.

see323 very good step by step guild.this has also started other members to give everyone some good links and tips on how they store there collections.

BCH - Thank you for your kind words. The more we share our knowledge in this hobby of collecting, the more we learn from everyone's contribution of know-how. That's the spirit of sharing.

:ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

my albums came in! man...no joke about these things being heavy! they start off light enough, but once they're filled with pages they become quite hefty!

now that all my notes are safely tucked away, i'm finding that i'm not so annoyed about not being able to see both sides. the albums are purty, the pages are crystal clear, and the black background really makes each note stand out.

Dsc00881-vi.jpg

Dsc00882-vi.jpg

my albums came in! man...no joke about these things being heavy! they start off light enough, but once they're filled with pages they become quite hefty!

now that all my notes are safely tucked away, i'm finding that i'm not so annoyed about not being able to see both sides. the albums are purty, the pages are crystal clear, and the black background really makes each note stand out.

Dsc00881-vi.jpg

Dsc00882-vi.jpg

very impressive storage. Yes, it is very heavy if you add new pages into the file. You can use them as alternative to dumb bells.

I like the jap 10,000 Yen. I was recently eyeing on the Japanese 10,000 Yen note with 555555.

:ninja:

Archived