CoinPeople.com

50 ЛЕТ БЕЛИКОЙ ОКТЯБРЬСКОЙ СОЦИАЛИСТИЧЕС&#1050

Scottishmoney

1967ussrset.jpg

Found this in an old file, along with several other ca. 1998 or 1999 purchases that I made on eBay etc and forgot about! I was going through my collection last night, and surprise, I found a whole file full of stuff I bought ca. that time and never bothered to process into my collection. I also found some old stamps, and German 10 mks coins. Kind of fun finding stuff that you didn't know you had.

I vaguely remember now that I bought this on eBay for something like $2 or thereabouts. The way USSR stuff is going now, it was a very fortunate buy.

[images snipped...] Found this in an old file, along with several other ca. 1998 or 1999 purchases that I made on eBay etc and forgot about! I was going through my collection last night, and surprise, I found a whole file full of stuff I bought ca. that time and never bothered to process into my collection. I also found some old stamps, and German 10 mks coins. Kind of fun finding stuff that you didn't know you had.

I vaguely remember now that I bought this on eBay for something like $2 or thereabouts. The way USSR stuff is going now, it was a very fortunate buy.

Kind of like Christmas in January, huh? ;) (Wait a minute -- Russian Christmas IS in January, isn't it? :ninja: )

I'd hang on to those if I were you ... better investment than money in the bank!

That's a nice set really. I just got myself a 1967 regular mintset, not the commemorative set. I wish I could get another one soon, mine is pretty terrible:

906506.jpg

Sorry for the small pic but here is the coin in the set:

906511.jpg

Nice fingerprint ON the coin :ninja: And this is supposely a mintset. Yea right. Now we know how coins in Leningrad mint were handled. Managed to find other Soviet year mint set? Never know if you have some of the rarer ones such as the 1970 one - that is going too hot atm.

906511.jpg

Nice fingerprint ON the coin :ninja: And this is supposely a mintset. Yea right. Now we know how coins in Leningrad mint were handled. Managed to find other Soviet year mint set? Never know if you have some of the rarer ones such as the 1970 one - that is going too hot atm.

Gees, the US mint must have hired ex Goznak workers, this is a problem with US mint and proof sets lately! The sardonically humourous element of it is that the evidence is clearly there, and if you really wanted to you could find out who was careless and performing their job in good Soviet style ;)

This is the neatest thing about my set, the packaging kind of sucks, in fact it is yellowing, but the coins have stayed nice, and for the most part there is nothing wrong with them. The only other set I have is a 1978 that I paid about $7 for a few years ago. I had a 1975 set but sold it to one of my friend's sisters for a $1 years ago.

How do you get such good pictures of your coins?

For the most part unless I am imaging a very large coin, or some coins with dark features, I am still placing them on the flatbed scanner and scanning them at between 600 and 1200 dpi. There are some coins, like some ancients and coins without smooth surfaces that image better when you are using a digital camera. One coin in particular I imaged I could not scan without it looking miserable is my 1777 Siberian Polushka, somehow the colour of the coin always was off until I imaged it with the digital camera.

The above because of the image size was scanned at 600 dpi.

Archived