CoinPeople.com

Portuguese Euro Commems

Scottishmoney

2005656.jpg

Nice thing to commemorate, but where, oh where is the ubiquitous steam locomotive to draw interests? I do like the odd denomination of 8 Euros though.

2005657.jpg

Have it ;)

2005655.jpg

Obviously someone in Portugal attended the German school ala blank television screen design. :ninja:

2005132.jpg

Like the architecture, this is a keeper. It would fit in well with my 2006 version.

2004582.jpg

Interesting - this is a unique though not lovely design.

2004484.jpg

Oh my God, another one! ;)

2003601.jpg

Now this is sweet, nothing lovelier than a sailing ship on a coin, so emblematic of Portugal and the era of discovery.

Like the architecture, this is a keeper. It would fit in well with my 2006 version.

Have it. ;) Actually most coins from that Unesco World Heritage series are nice in my opinion.

The Nautica coin is interesting by itself but also because it is part of the Ibero-American "encuentro de dos mundos" series (issued by ten countries). The 2003 theme was navigation; in 2005 it was architecture and monuments, and Portugal participated with a neat "Porto Cathedral" coin:

2005139.jpg

The 2004 football coins ... oh well. :ninja:

Christian

Have it. ;) Actually most coins from that Unesco World Heritage series are nice in my opinion.

The Nautica coin is interesting by itself but also because it is part of the Ibero-American "encuentro de dos mundos" series (issued by ten countries). The 2003 theme was navigation; in 2005 it was architecture and monuments, and Portugal participated with a neat "Porto Cathedral" coin:

2005139.jpg

The 2004 football coins ... oh well. ;)

Christian

Especially if I can get them at face value when the accountant in Portugal closes January :ninja:

Archived