CoinPeople.com

1916 D or S I need help on this one

Vfox

I found this one in change a few months ago, and didn't think much of it, in fact I never even noticed the trace of a mint mark on it, the other day I was showing a friend some coins, and out of the stuff he was looking at he pulled out a 1927-S SLQ in Vg and this 1916 dime. The quarter was a heck of a thing for me to overlook, but if this dime is a D, it will blow that out of the water lol. I took some different shots, please let me know what you guys think? Thanks!

3z68pvl.jpg

2hq77rs.jpg

34y7bs4.jpg

4493x9f.jpg

I am afraid that is an "S". But what a heart attack when you pulled that from change!

Haha, yeah I had to take a big breath when I saw the date, heck even though it doesn't really appear to be a D, pulling something 91 years old out of circ is A-Okay in my book!

Thanks for everyones input, I think I may have to agree (as much as I hate to lol) that it most likely is an S.

4493x9f.jpg

For sure, without a doubt it is an S. Note the curve of the top of the Mint Mark. If it was a D there would have been a slight hook at the upper left of the MM.

Aside from that. Take a good look at the fourth photo you submitted. On several of the old Star Trek type programs there was these goofy aleins called Forengy or something like that. If you ever saw that program, then look at that 4th photo. Note the large ear at the far right. Now there are 2 eyes to the left of that and a nose just below that. Now under the nose is one large upward tooth. So the question is who or what was behind you when you took those photos????????

4493x9f.jpg

On several of the old Star Trek type programs there was these goofy aleins called Forengy or something like that.

Haha!

4dw98gl.gif

Archived