CoinPeople.com

Thieves Rob Millions Of Dollars From Coin Show (FUN)

akdrv

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Investigators said they think robbers waited for the right moment to rob a rare coin dealer Saturday. The robbery reportedly happened outside of the Peabody hotel, where many dealers checked in this weekend for the Florida United Numismatists coin show, WESH 2 News reported. More than 2,000 dealers from around the world have set up tables at the Orange County convention center for the four-day show. Dealers said they heard that the thieves may have made off with as much as $4 million worth of coins.

http://www.wesh.com/news/10690498/detail.html

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Investigators said they think robbers waited for the right moment to rob a rare coin dealer Saturday. The robbery reportedly happened outside of the Peabody hotel, where many dealers checked in this weekend for the Florida United Numismatists coin show, WESH 2 News reported. More than 2,000 dealers from around the world have set up tables at the Orange County convention center for the four-day show. Dealers said they heard that the thieves may have made off with as much as $4 million worth of coins.

http://www.wesh.com/news/10690498/detail.html

Happens at every major coin show. Why would someone who has $4million dollars on their person NOT have private security with them. Give me a break.

Happens at every major coin show. Why would someone who has $4million dollars on their person NOT have private security with them. Give me a break.

Was thinking the same thing Art. If was me or you, I'd feel terrible and do what I could to help rebuild the collection, but a major dealer carrying that kinda of coin(pun intended) should have 2 guards. Jeez even getting the best security firm should only cost a grand or so.

I'm glad no one was injured.

Was thinking the same thing Art. If was me or you, I'd feel terrible and do what I could to help rebuild the collection, but a major dealer carrying that kinda of coin(pun intended) should have 2 guards. Jeez even getting the best security firm should only cost a grand or so.

I'm glad no one was injured.

Yes I agree as well, I mentioned this news to my hubby and he suspected that this could have been an 'inside job'. Someone who knew when, how, what time the lot was going to be moved. So sad.. :ninja: I hope he is able to recover at least some of them if not all.

Archived