CoinPeople.com

Crazy week in NYC

Oldman

I personally believe that someone is getting royally screwed. Some "poor" rich moron was probably told that it is very prestigious to own those... ;)

Are you just saying that prices were much too high, or are you also saying that jetons are somehow inferior and therefore not worthy of the attention of serious collectors? :ninja:

Are you just saying that prices were much too high, or are you also saying that jetons are somehow inferior and therefore not worthy of the attention of serious collectors? :ninja:

Prices are much too high. Until last year you could buy those between 150 and 300. They appeared regularly and were not held to be of any rarity. So, what could happen since then?

Prices are much too high. Until last year you could buy those between 150 and 300. They appeared regularly and were not held to be of any rarity. So, what could happen since then?

1. More people expressed interested in them ;)

2. Supply dried up ;)

3. Or...?? :ninja:

Crazy market! It's like US coins in 1980.

Peter I 2 roubles gold not so long ago were well under $1,000 each.

Now they are suddenly $10,000, $20,000 & more?

Highly touted & over-rated Gangut rouble is now $15,000 or more?

This is more than just jetons!

Crazy market! It's like US coins in 1980.

Peter I 2 roubles gold not so long ago were well under $1,000 each.

Now they are suddenly $10,000, $20,000 & more?

Highly touted & over-rated Gangut rouble is now $15,000 or more?

This is more than just jetons!

Take a look at the Stacks auction !!! Amazing ! Will these prices ever go down ? I believe this is a theme for a separate branch :ninja:

Take a look at the Stacks auction !!! Amazing ! Will these prices ever go down ? I believe this is a theme for a separate branch ;)

It's beyond amazing, it's crazy.

Here's an example.

The coin is the Eliasberg example of the 1724 Peter I gold 2 roubles (i.e. seaman type).

The coin is scratched and ex-jewellery (mount removed), supposedly EF (but looks more like VF to me). Ex-Eliasberg or not, it is a problem coin.

In the April 2005 ANR Eliasberg sale, it brought what I thought was an inflated price. I attributed this to the "magic" of the Eliasberg name and the fact that so many other coins in that sale brought runaway prices.

So when the SAME COIN was offered at the Stack's January 2007 Gund III sale, I expected to see only a minimal, if any, price increase. Instead, in less than 2 years, the price more than doubled! ;)

Remember, this is for a problem coin! :ninja:

Archived