CoinPeople.com

Just got this as Change.. is it worth anything??

naxcomseller

I always put a side all my star notes and bills with 6 or more of the same # in the serial #. i was suprised when i got this today. I never have had a Bill with this low of a serial #.

It's a $1. F00000211* 2003a

Is it worth anything? I see once in a while on the bay they go for a little bit. I don't wanna sell it just a nice piece to add to the collection.

Here's a scan:

1.jpg

Welcome to CoinPeople !!! :ninja:

I've never seen a US serial number as low either. Pretty cool ;)

All of the star notes in my collection I had to buy for a premium of up to a few hundred dollars. I have never found a star note in circulation OR a cool serial number OR a low serial number.

so jealous. keep it. It will be valuable one day.

Welcome to CP

Thanks for the replies. I'm always exciting to get interesting bills as change. I collect mostly Star notes of current bills and wierd serial numbers (radar, Repeating, Ladder, Liars Poker bills).

Welcome to Coin People ! :ninja:

It is always exciting to find notes from the circulation.

I do find them ( my own country currency, not US bills ) once in a while such as near solid numbers, low serial number, replacement notes and even error notes.

As for US star notes with three digits serial number which I bought 2 years ago sets of $2 with running districts A, B, C....., serial number 938*, 928*, 918* and 933*

I believe they will be quite valuable later.

;)

3 digit serial # plus a star?

I'd say $2 right now. Such a low serial is unusual, but with a star, even more so.

(Send it to me!) :ninja:

Here are two pair of 928* and 938* which I sold off much earlier.

USA20032StarL-K000928Pair-front.jpg

USAStar2K-L00000938.jpg

;);)

Wow !

I keep deuces around here and give them as gifts to my nephews and nieces. One of the girls told me it wasn't real money and gave it back to me. :ninja:

I convinced her later it was indeed real money and took her to the store for a soda, which she paid for with that $2 that I gave her. After that she always hits me up for another.

• 1 month later...
I always put a side all my star notes and bills with 6 or more of the same # in the serial #. i was suprised when i got this today. I never have had a Bill with this low of a serial #.

It's a $1. F00000211* 2003a

Is it worth anything? I see once in a while on the bay they go for a little bit. I don't wanna sell it just a nice piece to add to the collection.

Here's a scan:

1.jpg

nice find, I am quite certain that bill would fetch a very nice premium, I once sold filthy tattered rag of a dollar that had a serial like D00000073* for $75 on ebay, the condition on yours is pretty good, I could see it fetching $15~$20, possibly more on a good day.

If you were to sell it on ebay, and I was aware of it, I would certainly bid on it.

2004-A has produced alot i mean alot of Star notes already, but the condition is about ef i would say and 5 zeros i would keep it or i willtarde you somethig for it, i would say its not worth much right now but could be

All of the star notes in my collection I had to buy for a premium of up to a few hundred dollars. I have never found a star note in circulation OR a cool serial number OR a low serial number.

really? i have a star note in my pocket right now ... i always see them in circulation.

really? i have a star note in my pocket right now ... i always see them in circulation.

I actually found my first star note last week. It helped that I had to sift through a thousand+ dollars at the time.

So, as I mentioned earlier, I have never found an "old" or interesting bill in circulation.

Since the beginning of school this quarter (early Jan) I have found the following notes:

$1 1974

$1 1981A

$10 1988A

$20 1985

$20 2004 STAR

All in a month in a half. I personally find that unbelievable... actually, in my opinion, "miraculous" is more fitting :ninja:

Archived