CoinPeople.com

Siberian 1767 KM 5 kopecks on eBay

RW Julian

The ebay one was made in 2006 and artificially toned.

Not sure about 2006 but know for sure that they are produced in St. Petersburg for collectors in decent quantities. 10 kopeks have "H" to indicate the Novodel :ninja:

The Oldman

These "novodels" :ninja: are produced by the Petropavlovsk fortress (St Petersburg mint) and can be found on numerous small markets around the city for US$10-15.

As I said above, 10 kopeks coin has an "H" embedded below EII and clearly visible.

The Oldman

These "novodels" ;) are produced by the Petropavlovsk fortress (St Petersburg mint) and can be found on numerous small markets around the city for US$10-15.

As I said above, 10 kopeks coin has an "H" embedded below EII and clearly visible.

The Oldman

Quick! Flood the market with such coins and let the buyers know that "novodels" are actually quite cheap! :ninja: I personally don't mind such copies if they are available at that price but NOT for what is there on the net.

Quick! Flood the market with such coins and let the buyers know that "novodels" are actually quite cheap! :ninja: I personally don't mind such copies if they are available at that price but NOT for what is there on the net.

The seller most likely has no idea what he's selling. ...or pretending ? ;)

The Oldman

Oh please, the same seller tried to and DID sell a copy 1730 pattern coin with the floral design and that sold very high. And it was a BAD copy.

There was no way I could have warn the buyers as the listings are private. Well usually if a listing is private, you know what it could mean.

I agree that he knows exactly what he's doing. :ninja:

I can not agree that ALL private listings mean more just private listings ;)

I myself found several good reasons to list privately:

1) if you want true competition: people know each other and would not want to overbid friends etc. If a listing is private nobody sees the bidders' identity and they can bid freely

2) to protect buyer/seller identity: some buyers would love to have their IDs hidden..as well as sellers

3) sellers do not want public to see what exactly they are selling.

Of course , this can be abused (and we see it a lot) but it is a different story.

Archived