CoinPeople.com

5kop1789AM monogram varieties

sigistenz

Hi everybody, see here my two 5kop1789AM. The first one shows the I over the E which is normal saying Ekaterina Imperatritsa. But the second one has the E over the I saying consequently the other way round, thus Imperatritsa Ekaterina - No?

http://www.sigistenz.com/bilder/5kop1789AMd2x.jpg

The E over I is much scarcer, I have a similar couple only of 5kop1764MM but saw it also on EM, KM, TM piataks. Do you have any E over I - and which ones? Thank you, Sigi

Hi everybody, see here my two 5kop1789AM. The first one shows the I over the E which is normal saying Ekaterina Imperatritsa. But the second one has the E over the I saying consequently the other way round, thus Imperatritsa Ekaterina - No?

The E over I is much scarcer, I have a similar couple only of 5kop1764MM but saw it also on EM, KM, TM piataks. Do you have any E over I - and which ones? Thank you, Sigi

I have 1787-1788 TM -3 coins with E over I

As far as the Russian grammar is concerned, it doesn't make any difference which word order is used. ;) But it does make for an interesting variety.

This seems to be E over I (top of monogram, right?): My 1791-KM пятак

But it is a borderline case, hard to tell. There also seems to be many varieties where the order of the lower intersections vary.

Please feel free to take a look at my other 5 kopek coins and tell me if you see anything unusual. Thanks for pointing this out, Sigi! :ninja:

I have 1787-1788 TM -3 coins with E over I

Rarenum, thank you, this confirms my observations - as far as have seen, most if not all genuine TM piataks show the E over the I. As I am about to do further research on the phenomenon I will be obliged for pictures when you find the time - thank you again! Sigi

This seems to be E over I (top of monogram, right?): My 1791-KM пятак

But it is a borderline case, hard to tell. There also seems to be many varieties where the order of the lower intersections vary.

Please feel free to take a look at my other 5 kopek coins and tell me if you see anything unusual. Thanks for pointing this out, Sigi! :ninja:

bobh, thank you, your coin seems to be an E over I, but it is sometimes difficult to tell even after little wear. It was a pleasure viewing your coins! I'd love to see mine presented that way - I will just have to start out one day. Best wishes for 2007 (don't go too high on eBay piataks)! Sigi

Archived