CoinPeople.com

Any info on this coin / token

Drusus

Not sure. It looks like a store card variation of commonly seen guinea-like gambling tokens/counters, but the well done reverse, as well as the font used on the reverse would lead me to lean towards suggesting that it's a more modern (20th century) store card rather than early/mid 19th century.

It’s a George III replica Guinea advertising token. The reverse is a good likeness of a George III spade Guinea and the obverse has the bust of George III but around him are the advertiser’s logo. A real Guinea is made from gold.

There where many advertising or gaming tokens made as well as forgeries made from debased metal.

Here is a picture of an original Guinea obverse for comparison

:

wow!! Thanks you so much for posting that biggandyy!! So I guess it is probably from anywhere between 1882 and 1913...I have saved this article so I can post the info with the coin on when I get it up on my sebsite...Thanks again for the info, I simply couldnt find anything about it and posted it in several places with a wide variety of answers....