CoinPeople.com

Christmas Surprise Giveaway

Hi folks! ;)

Post on this thread for a chance to win a Christmas mystery prize. A winner will be chosen on Christmas morning from all posters and the prize sent soon after. If you'd like to leave a Christmas story, joke, or greeting, feel free to knock yourselves out.

All my best to you and yours during this Christmas season and throughout the coming New Year! :ninja:

Everyone's favorite. I have to break it up so it can be posted. Who can do the best version of this but adapting it to CoinPeople:

THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS

by Clement Clarke Moore

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house

Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse :D ;

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,

In hopes ;) that St. Nicholas soon would be there;

The children were nestled all snug in their beds :D ,

While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads ;) ;

And mamma in her 'kerchief, and I in my cap :ninja: ,

Had just settled down for a long winter's nap,

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,

I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter ;) .

Away to the window I flew like a flash,

Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.

The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow

Gave the lustre of mid-day to objects below,

When, what to my wondering eyes should appear ;) ,

But a miniature sleigh, and eight tiny reindeer,

With a little old driver, so lively and quick,

I knew in a moment it must be St. Nick :ninja: .

More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,

And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name;

"Now, Dasher! now, Dancer ;) ! now, Prancer and Vixen ;) !

On, Comet! on Cupid ;) ! on, Donder and Blitzen!

To the top of the porch! to the top of the wall!

Now dash away! dash away! dash away all!"

As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly,

When they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky,

So up to the house-top the coursers they flew ;) ,

With the sleigh full of toys, and St. Nicholas too.

And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the roof

The prancing and pawing of each little hoof.

As I drew in my hand, and was turning around,

Down the chimney St. Nicholas came with a bound.

He was dressed all in fur, from his head to his foot,

And his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot;

A bundle of toys he had flung on his back,

And he looked like a peddler just opening his pack.

His eyes -- how they twinkled ;) ! his dimples how merry! :D

His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry!

His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow,

And the beard of his chin was as white as the snow;

The stump of a pipe ;) he held tight in his teeth,

And the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath;

He had a broad face and a little round belly,

That shook, when he laughed :ninja: like a bowlful of jelly.

He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old elf,

And I laughed when I saw him :D , in spite of myself;

A wink :D of his eye and a twist of his head,

Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread :D ;

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,

And filled all the stockings; then turned with a jerk,

And laying his finger aside of his nose ;) ,

And giving a nod, up the chimney he rose;

He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle,

And away they all flew like the down of a thistle.

But I heard him exclaim, ere he drove out of sight,

"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night." ;)

A song I will sing and wish to all the guys from Coinpeople:

We wish you a Merry Christmas,

And a Happy New Year.

Good tidings to you,

And all of your kin,

Good tidings for Christmas,

And a Happy New Year.

We all know that Santa's coming,

And soon will be here.

Good tidings to you,

And all of your kin,

Good tidings for Christmas,

And a Happy New Year.

And a Happy New Year

Marco

Charles Dana replied thus:

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exists, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy.

- editorial in the New York Sun, 1897, responding to a letter from 8-year-old Virginia O'Hanlon

Merry Christmas, everyone; Here's hoping that Santa Clause comes around your way. :ninja:

festivus-795671.jpg

Happy Festivus for the Rest of us!! I have given a donation in each of your names to the Human fund...now for the airing of grievances followed by feats of strength ;)

Ahh, a classic episode. Gotta love the feats of strength.

Only story I can think of is this year, just had family friends stop by, with presents. Their 4 year old girl says to my 2 1/2 year son, look we brought you some tractors! To which my son ripped open the present, and now I have 6 John Deere tractors all over the kitchen floor and a 2 1/2 year old who will not go to sleep :ninja:

Gotta love kids.

Only story I can think of is this year, just had family friends stop by, with presents. Their 4 year old girl says to my 2 1/2 year son, look we brought you some tractors! To which my son ripped open the present, and now I have 6 John Deere tractors all over the kitchen floor and a 2 1/2 year old who will not go to sleep :ninja:

Gotta love kids.

Tractors were my very favourite toys when I was a kid, perhaps it is something genetic.

My son is starting his married life with two step children and a new job as a fireman (he worked as a volunteer, part-timer, waiter, bartender, ambulance driver, etc. while working to make it into the brotherhood). He landed a low income housing assistance loan and added his own labor to build his first home in 2005 and had to sell it a month after moving in because he landed a full-time fireman position in a new town. They moved into their rental home (also new and the first to live in it) at Christmas last year. Not much time to enjoy the season with the stress of moving. After learning that his rental home was going on the market before their first settled Christmas in their home, my son was discouraged. He had a down payment, but he needed another year to get his credit rating in order (the follies of youth and poverty). My son called on Friday to say they had been approved for a mortgage and had signed the papers. I can't think of a better Christmas for them (or me) to know the joy they will experience this year as the reality sets in!

My worst Christmas eve was in Moscow in 1984. For a "good" start of the day, I forgot my hotel pass into hotel room (without this paper you simply cannot enter in hotels for foreigners...). Going to shopping at Detski Mir, GUM and TSUM superstores around the Red Square the night comes quick, and the temperature dropped until minus 20 degrees. Having the hands full of bags and looking for a taxi, I did not noticed a pool into sidewalk (and I did not realize that at minus several grades the water normally cannot be fluid...) I've fallen into a open manhole were a pipe was broken. Cool sensation! All the people around me laughing - they think that I was drunk (but I wasn't - my age was at that time 17). My jeans and boots froze soon and I've taken refuge into a subway station. Thanks God that the stations were overheated!

Going back to Kosmos hotel, there I had another surprise, the doorman did not let me in, being full of dirt and without pass. It's taken 20 minutes of outdoor discussions and a phone call to our guide to be identified and to be allowed to enter.

I've experienced russian winter at it's best :ninja:

2006 Holiday Wishes (shamelessly stolen borrowed, without kind permission, from another site)

Please accept without obligation, either express or implied, these best wishes for an environmentally safe, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, and gender-neutral celebration of the solstice holiday (with respect to your appropriate hemisphere) as practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice (but with respect for the religious or secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or for their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all) and further for a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated onset of the generally accepted calendar year (including, but not limited to, the Christian calendar, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures). The preceding wishes are extended without regard to the race, creed, age, physical ability, religious faith or lack thereof, choice of computer platform, or sexual preference of wishee.

Christian

I got a bit of an early Christmas present Friday night.

The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company and the United Steelworkers (USW) have reached tentative agreement on a new master contract covering about 12,600 employees at 12 tire and engineered products plants in the United States. The USW is expected to schedule ratification votes at all plants in the coming days.

The previous three-year labor agreement expired July 22, 2006. The Goodyear USW members have been on strike since October 5, 2006.

Waiting on the details but its looking good.

Merry Christmas everyone.

I got a bit of an early Christmas present Friday night.

The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company and the United Steelworkers (USW) have reached tentative agreement on a new master contract covering about 12,600 employees at 12 tire and engineered products plants in the United States. The USW is expected to schedule ratification votes at all plants in the coming days.

The previous three-year labor agreement expired July 22, 2006. The Goodyear USW members have been on strike since October 5, 2006.

Waiting on the details but its looking good.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Hope it is a good and fair agreement and that the vote goes smoothly! :ninja:

Merry Christmas, everybody!!! ;)

I'm finally back! :ninja:

Working nights during the Christmas weekend along with the festivities didn't give me a chance to wrap this up until now.

I assigned each poster a number based on their order of posting on the thread, then used an on-line random numbers generator that selected the winner from all posters.

The winner is...sbvenman!

Sbvenman, please PM me with your address and I'll send out the surprise.

Thanks for playing folks...hope you all had a nice Christmas.

Archived