CoinPeople.com

Catologing your collection...

Mila_cent

my only problem with excel/access/... is that i'd have to do it. i haven't found any excel or access templates that would be a good starting point, and after a day of supporting someone else's computers i don't want to sit down to more programming tasks at home.

I think your misunderstanding Excel. You just open it up. A lined template is there. You just add what you want in line 1, column A and on and on and on. Nothing to program. Nothing to make. If you want headings you could just make them Line 1. Then add what you want on line 2. Like I said if an old, old man can make that, anybody should be able to.

Of course there are lots of more complicated commands but I ignor them. I live by the KISS principal.

Keep It Simple Stupid.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course there are lots of more complicated commands but I ignor them. I live by the KISS principal.

Hehe.

"(...) Originally known as Let's Keep It Simple Spreadsheet, officially abbreviated Let's KISS, the product (...)"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spreadsheet_2000

That aside, KISS is basically a good approach. For some that principle works much better than any "collection database" software - but others prefer not having to think about, say, how to add fields that will hold links or photos of their coins. Theoretically I use the coin database application that I bought a while ago. Practically I'm lazy. :ninja:

Christian

I think your misunderstanding Excel. You just open it up. A lined template is there.

i'm not misunderstanding anything. excel is a powerful tool--if all you're going to do is this then you might as well use a ruled notebook.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived