CoinPeople.com

Do you snipe websites on ebay?

Hussulo

Hi I was just wondering if any of you use snipe websites to place last second offers on ebay and which do you use or recomend. I normaly just bid myself however I have found sometimes I see a coin I would like to bid on and for example the end time might be at 3am in the UK on a wed. night. So I thought of using one of these snipe websites in future. Which do you recomend? are they safe and secure to use?

I don't use them, but I know a lot of others (non-collectors) who do. However, I do find myself shopping at Ebay Stores and other websites for items to purchase directly and bidding less lately. I mainly do this for the more hard-to-find items. I know I don't always get a 'great deal' doing it that way, but I know I've got it.

I don't use them. Yes, I get sniped. I've learned that if I'm bidding low and lose to a snipe, so be it. I guess the piece was interesting as a bargain, but not worth my full effort. When I really want something, I bid what I think my maximum might be (I sometimes change my mind and up my bid). If I then lose to a snipe, well I don't know what their maximum bid was (sometimes the snipers drive me to my maximum bid meaning they were a dollar or two below me) so I don't know if I would have beat them anyway.

Best advice I've read, if you want it place the maximum bid for what you are willing to pay. If you lose, you weren't willing to pay more anyway.

I do snipe. If I'm really intent on winning something, I'll place a snipe to go off about 15 seconds before the end of the auction and at the max that I'm willing to pay. In this case, I feel that I have a better chance at the item without running the price too high.

Some items that I like are specialized and the pool of bidders is somewhat limited. There are two folks that bid on some medals that I go after on ocassion, one of them will continue to bid until your high bid is outdone even if he doesn't want the item. It's a challenge, one-upsmanship thing.

I use auctionsniper, never had any problems with them.

Although I realize the concern, (mainly with the password), I don't see it as too big of an issue if the site appears to be trustworthy. Well, that's my view anyways.

I do find myself shopping at Ebay Stores and other websites for items to purchase directly and bidding less lately. I mainly do this for the more hard-to-find items. I know I don't always get a 'great deal' doing it that way, but I know I've got it.

me2...

Sniping makes zero sense. If someone else is willing to pay more than what you can, it's meaningless.

That's absolutely untrue. With snipping your max bid is hidden and so others don't get the opportunity to "bid you up". They don't even know that you are bidding on an item. Also consider that sniping is a process of placing your high bid with only seconds to go in the auction. As the system adjusts to the snipes it is possible for you to win the bid even though someone else was willing to snipe or bid higher than you. If you hold the high bid when the auction timer pops you win. It does not matter that someone else had placed a higher overall bid/snipe. If it hadn't fully executed it does not count.

I used to snipe by hand but frankly I'm not that quick and I get tired of staying up to all hours so I can get in those last minute bids.

Whether you snipe or not the main thing is to have fun with what you do. Go for it.

Part of it also is I hit the bids ending first. I watch the first and second page of ending first. Most of them are in the last few minutes anyways. I'll watch it until it gets close then bid instead of wasting time.

I still find sniping absurd. If everyone starts to use sniping as a mean, what does that mean? You can't really estimate the prices what people want to pay and eventually it's a war of the last 10 seconds of the auction.

It's already happening. If you want past results, the hits counter and a search of past results of simular items provides an okay reference point.

Besides, online auctions aren't really auctions, they're more like bid-board sales. (which although simular to auctions, I consider to be different)

I never use sniping services. I used to snipe (when I was a newbie on Ebay) by waiting 'til the last minute to place a bid, but I don't even do that anymore. As a bidder, I just decide if I want to bid on an item, set my maximum price I'm willing to pay, and bid that amount. I get sniped all the time, but I don't really care because someone was willing to pay more than I was. No big deal.

As a seller, however, I just LOVE snipers !!! I have found that I get a ton of bids within the last 60 seconds of most auctions, and the price usually ends up being pretty good.

I snipe 90% of the time and allways manually with two activated screens open

One with the preset snipe the other to refresh and test the system response time

mostly 3 to 5 seconds

I will only slug it out if I think I can intimidate the other bidders which sometimes I know I can :ninja:

although sniping doesnt effect me that much since I now just try to put in my max and be done with it...I DO think that people shouldnt be allowed to use third party programs to snipe just to keep the playing field even...you should only be able to use what is provided for you on ebay...just an opinion.

Archived