CoinPeople.com

1937 Lincoln

syzygy

This is slabbed by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation of America [NGC] and has an older green label. How would you grade it - grade and color and, for the heck of it, how much would you pay for it if, hypothetically, you were so inclined to purchase it [it is not for sale at this time]. In my opinion, compared to the coin in hand, the photo probably maximizes the chatter on the obverse and reverse, but is fairly true.

I will post the grade and the price I paid.

lincoln1937cz5.jpg

From the picture and the fact that it is an older slab I'd say they graded it MS65 or maybe even 64. Today I'd guess it would grade 66.

I'm going out on a limb and venturing that like art suggested, its an old slab so it's graded 66 but i'd say by the looks of the flawless fields - 67.

I would pay.... One Million Dollars :ninja:

Old NGC - 65

New - 66, shot at 67

Price: I'll say you got a deal at $10. Provided it really was a 66/67, I'd pay maybe $15-20 depending on how much "pop" it had. If no one had one for sale at that price, guess I wouldn't have one!

I actually thought it was a bit over graded. The fields are very clean but the small rough areas around the center of both sides are pretty distracting. The price was right though.

I'm kind of embarrassed. The only flaws I can detect are bagmarks on the neck and some small scratches on the shoulders.

Regardless, great coin.

Archived