CoinPeople.com

Bargains on eBay are sometimes possible!

bobh

I've been looking for this book for a long time now. Several times I saw it advertised for $200 or more, but I am now glad that I waited! Haven't received it yet, but I am sure it will arrive soon:

;)

Link to eBay auction

:ninja:

Congratulations! ;)

Less than $30 for an original Severin silver is an outstanding value. I think I probably paid more than that for my copy when I bought it about 25 years ago.

I'm astonished that the seller was willing to sell at that level.

Anything less than $100 is a good deal for this book.

Just to give anonther idea - a Russian dealer offered me in Moscow this complete cataloge for 400$ claiming it is a real rarity and the price is just reflecting the rarity of this book. The reprint translated into Russian (second edition of the reprint) - is sold in Moscow at about 20$.

Just to give anonther idea - a Russian dealer offered me in Moscow this complete cataloge for 400$ claiming it is a real rarity and the price is just reflecting the rarity of this book. The reprint translated into Russian (second edition of the reprint) - is sold in Moscow at about 20$.

Does his name begin with an "A"? :ninja:

You know, today I made a shocking discovery - my local library had a copy of it in their collection!!! :ninja:;) ;) And I wasn't even thinking that they would have some kind of numismatic collection. I was proven extremely wrong! (well thank goodness they don't have any Krause there ;) )

ANA library has many books related to Russian numizmatics. Ordering is easy and possible online. Books arrive fast within the U.S. It's a service for ANA members.

For example they have different editions of all Severin books available for immediate ordering!

Gold and platinum coinage of Imperial Russia from 1701-1911, a compilation of all known types and varieties. *

Author: Severin, H.M.

Call Number: JM63.S4 1984

Publisher: New York, Sanford J. Durst, 1984.

Gold and platinum coinage of Imperial Russia from 1701 to 1911; a compilation of all known types and varieties. *

Author: Severin, H. M.

Call Number: JM63.S4

Publisher: New York, Crown and Taler, 1958.

Silver coinage of Imperial Russia, 1682 to 1917. *

Author: Severin, H.M.

Call Number: JM65.S4

Publisher: London, Spink, 1965.

Just go to this link and enter word "Severin" into search.

http://207.67.203.79/A94000staff/opac/index.asp

WCO

I'm not in the US unfortunately. I'm at Australia, which makes decent Russian numismatics quite difficult to find here quite recently.

I am sorry, I did not know you are not in the U.S. This info may be useful to U.S. residents only members of ANA. Books are sent to U.S. address only. This is the biggest numizmatic library in the world!

WCO

Archived