CoinPeople.com

Help Please!

Hussulo

Hi I am trying to create a British coins website.

It will primarily be aimed at beginners and people who come upon British coins but are unsure as to what they have, but it could also be an interest to any coin collectors.

What I would like is scans or photos of British coins of all denominations.

If you donate a picture that I choose to use on my website I will be most great full, but I will also ad "courtesy of ...." below the picture you can either have your name or a nickname below the picture whichever you prefer.

Please email me pictures of your coins plus a note to say you allow me to use them on my website to hmansulo@yahoo.co.uk

I thank you all in advance.

hussulo

P.S. the website isn't up and running yet but it will be called coins.gb.com

Do you have a preference of circulation level? That is do you hope to get finer examples or are you looking specifically for circulated pieces? Or is anything good?

Just trying to get an idea of what you hope to do with the site and thus what types of coins you are looking for. :ninja:

Do you have a preference of circulation level? That is do you hope to get finer examples or are you looking specifically for circulated pieces? Or is anything good?

Just trying to get an idea of what you hope to do with the site and thus what types of coins you are looking for. :ninja:

That’s a great question Sir Sisu. To be honest the finer examples would be preferable because it would allow the viewer to see what the coin "should" look like and help in identifying their coin, but at this stage fine and above would be great! Once the website is up and running I can update the pictures if better ones come along.

If say I use a queen Victoria young head penny picture that will be it (irrelevant of date). I don't intend to post pictures of all the dates (but I will make a note of them). I just want to make a pictorial reference to all the different monarchs and different coins used in their reign.

Regards,

hussulo

To Hussulo:

You are most welcome to check out my website (there are several hundreds of British coins with scans), download and use any picture you like with reference to my site as source.

To Hussulo:

You are most welcome to check out my website (there are several hundreds of British coins with scans), download and use any picture you like with reference to my site as source.

Thank you Andrey,

Most generous, if I do use any scans I will certainly have a reference to your excellent site below them.

Regards,

hussulo

I could help you out on English hammered, on up to the 19th century. But all my stuff is banked, and I will have to get the whole book out. It goes basically from Northumbrian Sceats all the way up to the late Victorian era. I know I have some early crowns, and maybe still some medieval groats. I haven't looked at my English coins in years, I stopped collecting them back in the 1990's.

BTW the only English stuff I still actively collect are English tokens, and primarily 17th century ones.

I could help you out on English hammered, on up to the 19th century. But all my stuff is banked, and I will have to get the whole book out. It goes basically from Northumbrian Sceats all the way up to the late Victorian era. I know I have some early crowns, and maybe still some medieval groats. I haven't looked at my English coins in years, I stopped collecting them back in the 1990's.

BTW the only English stuff I still actively collect are English tokens, and primarily 17th century ones.

Thanks Scottishmoney,

I have finished the front page design, and I have started to tackle Victoria coinage first. My current aim is to have pictures and a small description including weight, size etc of all the milled coins with a view to extend into hammered later. I also want to improve the site once its up and running and possibly add pictures of rare coins, proofs, patterns over dates etc..

Anyway I have enough pictures to keep me going at the moment, but when I run out I shall post "pictures wanted" for the ones I need, and hopefully yourself and other kind members might help me fill in the gaps,

Regards,

hussulo

Archived