CoinPeople.com

My 1/3 Farthing collection

Hussulo

That's a great collection you have there. I love those little fractionals too. :ninja:

Thanks guys, one off the best things about this series is that there were only 12 different years of issue. Spanning from GeorgeIV in 1827 (issued for use in malta), William IV, Victoria, Edward VII up to 1913 George V. So you only need to collect 12 coins (not including proofs or errors, etc) to have a complete set.

I'm almost there! :ninja:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice collection!! May be a bit cheeky, but would you be interested in adding any of those images to my site? My fractional collection is a bit erm!! small!! My scanned images on the site are produced at 380 x 380 so anything above that size would be great. I will gladly reference you on the pages where your images are used.

Drop me an e-mail via the site if you would be willing to let me use the images.

Again congrats on a great collection!!

I have a 1885 one-third farthing but have no history on the coin. They were made in 12 different years? Are they rare, what is the value of an 1885 in really good condition? I might have to move this coin to a place of honor within my collection!!

Ed

Hi Ed,

There were 288,000 third farthings minted in 1885.

So compered to other coins I would say that is a low mintage. However they are a seriously under rated/collected coin (in my books anyway).

The 1885 in Ef is worth about £30 or approx $60 in Unc about £55 or approx $110.

They were minted in 12 different years.

Proofs do exist for some years, but are Very Rare. Anouther rarity to lookout for is the 1844 RE for REG.

Regards,

Hus

Nice collection!! May be a bit cheeky, but would you be interested in adding any of those images to my site? My fractional collection is a bit erm!! small!! My scanned images on the site are produced at 380 x 380 so anything above that size would be great. I will gladly reference you on the pages where your images are used.

Drop me an e-mail via the site if you would be willing to let me use the images.

Again congrats on a great collection!!

Sure you can Colin. :ninja:

E-mail sent.

Archived