CoinPeople.com

Sixpence question

justin

Hi,

I am an Australian and don't have much of an idea about British coins. The other day I found a Sixpence in my loose change.

It is a British 1948 Sixpence, and I was just wondering whether if there is any demand for this coin. I am assuming that there isn't however I though I would ask anyway.

Thank you.

Justin

There really is not a whole lot of demand for the 1948's. They are a bit uncommon for the design which was only used for about 4-5 years before GVI died and QEII assumed the throne though. In the 1,000 or so tanners I own I probably only have about 10 from this series. But they are not rare though.

There really is not a whole lot of demand for the 1948's. They are a bit uncommon for the design which was only used for about 4-5 years before GVI died and QEII assumed the throne though. In the 1,000 or so tanners I own I probably only have about 10 from this series. But they are not rare though.

Thank you very much for the quick response.

Interesting find I thought, I'm guessing it is change from something I bought the other day.

Thank you so much for your help.

Bye

Justin

That's an interesting find. I'm surprised we don't find more Euro cents mixed in with US change. Maybe as time goes on for them.

Archived