CoinPeople.com

Giveaway: 1871 Baden kreuzer: Winner Selected!

Happy Halloween!

Looks like we're slowing down so we'll pick a winner on Friday evening. :ninja:

And the winner is...

Burks

Congratulations! Please PM my your address and I'll get it right out.

I've heard from the winner and out it will go!

Here's a bit of backgound on how the contest save the coin from an awful fate. I buy/slab/sell lots and lots of world coins. I put the ones that don't look like they are woth slabbing go into one of the cardboard boxes NGC returns coins in. After enough build up, they go on bidcards or off to ebay in lots. However, this coin got stuck in the bottom of the box and overlooked until time came to bust up and toss the excess boxes. Since it came so close to being accidentally thrown away, why not pass it on to someone who can provide the appreciation I was unable to.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it - thanks to all who particiapated!

:ninja:

Neat story JamminJ.

It will be greatly appreciated as the design and colors are really appealing. Whether it has been cleaned or not doesn't bother me. Doesn't change it's beauty.

Have any luck with NGC as of late? Heard some people have been less than pleased with the world coin grades.

Have any luck with NGC as of late? Heard some people have been less than pleased with the world coin grades.

NGC has been wildly inconsistent as of late. Generally my coin submissions have been coming back in one of two states:

Reasonable albeit somewhat more conservative as compared with a year ago.

Extremely harshly graded.

My last invoice with harsh grades had 11 of 14 upgrade upon resubmission (kept them in the slabs) with several by two or three points. I think they are breaking in a new grader. :ninja:

They actually inspired my to try ICG. With them the grades were OK (maybe a point high on average) but they all just died on resale. I'll get creamed by PCGS next. ;)

Archived