CoinPeople.com

Any major differences?...

banivechi

... between 2nd edition of V.V. Uzdenikov's book "Russian Coins" and latest edition (2005 - Budapest)?

I just received the second edition (1992 Moscow) bought from Germany, and I saw and the latest edition for sale, but at more than double price. I need an advice, to buy or not the last one. I have only common Russian coins, and almost 40 Sadagura coins (in fact the main reason for ordering the book).

Thank you!

... between 2nd edition of V.V. Uzdenikov's book "Russian Coins" and latest edition (2005 - Budapest)?

I just received the second edition (1992 Moscow) bought from Germany, and I saw and the latest edition for sale, but at more than double price. I need an advice, to buy or not the last one. I have only common Russian coins, and almost 40 Sadagura coins (in fact the main reason for ordering the book).

Thank you!

I have the 2005 edition. No need to pay double for it. 2nd edition will do just fine. What I also do not like about the latest edition is that a few coins were added and it changed the whole numbering system. They should have added the new coins as .a, .b, etc., not as new numbers.

They should have added the new coins as .a, .b, etc., not as new numbers.

Agreed 100% on that! I also do not think it is a must to have the third edition. There are some issues which I noted - did change in principle from one edition to another. But for basic needs even the first edition will do just fine.

I have the 2005 edition. No need to pay double for it. 2nd edition will do just fine. What I also do not like about the latest edition is that a few coins were added and it changed the whole numbering system. They should have added the new coins as .a, .b, etc., not as new numbers.

This is good to know ... Auction catalogs will list the Uzdenikov number along with Bitkin numbers, etc. Now we also need to know from which edition the numbers were taken! :ninja:

Archived