CoinPeople.com

Whose coin?

Yohoho!

Hi! I'm from Ukraine.

Whose coin and where she was in everyday life?

WM CLULOW 1802 -(William Clulow?) Whom he was if this truth?

On back year downtrodden.

For is earlier thanked

It appears to be a George III carywheel penny or twopence but they all the normal currency coins are dated 1979 and the date is on the reverse side of the coin. Unless it is a forgery or a pattern, but I cannot see it listed in Peck second edition.

Have you got a picture of the other side?

George III (George William Frederick) (4 June 1738 – 29 January 1820) was King of Great Britain and King of Ireland from 25 October 1760 until 1 January 1801, and thereafter King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland until his death. He was concurrently Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg, and thus Elector (and later King) of Hanover. The Electorate became the Kingdom of Hanover on 12 October 1814. George was the third British monarch of the House of Hanover, but the first to be born in Britain and use English as his first language. In fact, he never even visited Germany. During George III's reign, Britain lost many of its colonies in North America, which became the United States. Also during his reign, the realms of Great Britain and Ireland were joined together to form the United Kingdom.

Later in his reign George III suffered from recurrent and, eventually, permanent mental illness. It has been popularly speculated that he suffered from the blood disease porphyria, along with other British monarchs. Recently, owing to studies showing high levels of the poison arsenic in King George's hair, arsenic is also thought to be a possible cause of King George's insanity and health problems. After a final relapse in 1811, George's eldest son, George, Prince of Wales ruled as Prince Regent. Upon George's death, the Prince of Wales succeeded his father as George IV.

George III has been nicknamed Farmer George, for "his plain, homely, thrifty manners and tastes" and because of his passionate interest in agriculture.

Taken from Wikipedia...........

It appears to be a George III carywheel penny or twopence but they all the normal currency coins are dated 1979 and the date is on the reverse side of the coin. Unless it is a forgery or a pattern, but I cannot see it listed in Peck second edition.

Have you got a picture of the other side?

I understand that this coin of Georgius III. I interest exactly origin inscription! Whom was a William Clulow?

This coin 1797 issue. But year downtrodden! That you are aware of this person?

The only source reference I know for this would be `British Countermarks on Copper and Bronze Coins' by J. Gavin Stott.

This individual `Wm Clulow' does not get a mention in the book so sadly, even armed with the best reference on the subject, I cannot shed any more light as to `who' this individual might have been. Sorry.

Perhaps he was a trader....but then again, perhaps he was just someone who had some spare time and a coin to practise on.

Ian

Archived