CoinPeople.com

Cyprus puts on display designs for its new euro coins

Tiffibunny

Bzzzz. You do it just fine, thanks a lot. :ninja: There will always be topics that can well be in either this or that (sub-)forum. In this particular case, since we already had a discussion about the Cyprus euro designs in the World Coin Forum, I thought it would make sense to simply post the links to the design images over there. Same thing with the news from Malta.

Now the new Canadian quarter for example, I did not know about that. Just as most other news that you post here is actually news to me. But sometimes one really has a wide choice: Should an article about, say, new Finnish issues be in the World Coin Forum, Coins in the News, Finnish Coin Forums, or (Finnish) Books/Links/News? Such overlapping topics we (and pretty much every board) will always have - and I guess we can all live fine with that. ;)

Christian

I'm trying to get out of it. ;)

No, pleeeze! :ninja: Guess it can be a little frustrating at times, especially when there is hardly any feedback. Well, ideally everybody, or at least several members, should put some info here. My "problem" is that quite a few of my news sources are in languages other than English. But I could try and post at least some internal links (that point at World topics for example) here too ...

Christian

hard to top these great Cyprus coins

Yes, I have those two. Nice pieces indeed! Maybe Cyprus did not want to use the Europa and Zeus theme because that is already on the Greek €2 coins. In any case, the Kyrenia ship could look nice too, and maybe even the idol; we'll see.

What I find a little disappointing is that they picked only three different designs for the eight denominations. Yes, I know, other euro countries did that too, and some (Belgium, Ireland) even have only one. But that is not an excuse :ninja: especially since Cyprus's "neighbor" Greece also has eight different designs ...

Christian

Archived