CoinPeople.com

Belg_jos: The Errorcollector from Belgium

belg_jos

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Gotten it in the mail. Didn't expect it to, since I haven't paid the postage fee yet... Strange, but I'm not complaining.

I was also wondering, how they immediately stamped the 25 cents planchet on there. Those weigh 2.0 grams. A big way off to be sure it's that planchet, no?

Regards,

Jos

• 3 weeks later...

Just snatched these on the bay. I will edit the pics with my scans once I get them in.

1 Centime 1902 - Off center strike

ocs001c01.jpgocs001c01a.jpg

5 Centimes 1938 - Misaligned dies

mad005c01.jpgmad005c01a.jpg

25 Centimes 1946 - Way off centered hole

ocp025c03.jpgocp025c03a.jpg

1 Franc 1951 - Off center strike

1fr1951vl%20-%2025%20procent%20offcenterb.jpg1fr1951vl%20-%2025%20procent%20offcenterc.jpg

1 Franc 1967 - Way off center strike

ocs001f03.jpgocs001f03a.jpg

Regards,

Jos

Cool die clashes on that coin, Jos.

PS. Did you finally get what I've been meaning to send you for a while? I sent it about a week and a half ago I think.

Cool die clashes on that coin, Jos.

PS. Did you finally get what I've been meaning to send you for a while? I sent it about a week and a half ago I think.

No dieclashes, but a genuine doubledated doublestrike. See the thread on it in the error-forum.

No not yet. Guess it will turn up soon. No worries :ninja:

Did you get mine yet?

Jos

Yes sir! I meant to tell you that. I especially like the waffled coin. I've always wanted to see one in person and now I OWN one. Thanks a bunch, Jos. Thanks for your patience. I hope your stuff gets there. I look forward to further dealings. Hopefully I'll be a little more quick in return.

George

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I really like the 5 centimes.

Why fake coins? Just curious.

Well, since they still exist today, it means they were accepted by people as real, and weren't taken out of circulation by the authorities. The "mintage" of these are very small. Maybe a couple of hundred the most, so they are rare. All that makes it interesting to collect.

The goal is also to find several fakes from the same source. I have some 5 Francs 1873, but none of them look the same. They are all made by different people, so they are all "unique'. Maybe I should start making a catalogue for those :ninja:

We'll see, I haven't got enough of them yet to do so.

Regards,

Jos

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived