CoinPeople.com

Unlucky $2?

Write a short story (a few sentences is fine) about how this $2 lost a corner. The note is more worn and soiled than the scan suggests. I'll draw a winner from the entrants next Sunday night. Winner gets the deuce. Have fun!

2efpz53.jpg

This two dollar bill lost it's corner to remove the bad luck that people had associated with this denomination. How this "bad luck" came about is unknown specifically but it may have to do with $2 bets at horse tracks, people may have associated this denomination with a "sin" of horsetrack racing.

It's a pattern of 1.99$ bill! Next year the 1 cent coins will disappears because to the heavy production costs. Until the prices willl be rounded, these "three corners" bills will allow you to make the exact payments. :ninja:

It's a pattern of 1.99$ bill! Next year the 1 cent coins will disappears because to the heavy production costs. Until the prices willl be rounded, these "three corners" bills will allow you to make the exact payments. :ninja:

;)

"So what happened here?" the cop asked, surveying the trashed bar.

The bartender shook his head. "It's a slow night. Two Dollar Bill comes in around 10:00 and folds himself onto that stool over there. Orders a pint of Red Seal."

"He a regular?"

"He shows up now and then. I gotta tell you, he's a little hard to take. Always going on about how he could be tender if people would just accept him."

"Sounds like he has lots of issues."

"More than most people know. And always looking for someone to change him."

The cop looked up from his notes. "Be careful what you wish for. So then what?"

"I say, 'Hey, Two Dollar, why the long face?' And he starts complaining about his poor circulation.

"Half an hour later, another guy comes strutting in. He thinks he's money, but he's not. Calls himself Five Cent. He sits down next to Two Dollar."

"Was there an exchange?"

"I only registered bits and pieces. Two Dollar's taking Five Cent at face value, until Five Cent calls him a certified lunatic. Then it gets ugly fast. Two Dollar jumps up and yells, "I can take you!" and Five Cent yells, "I can wipe the floor with you!" and then Two Dollar says, "You want a piece of me?" It was Tyson and Holyfield all over again."

The cop closed his notebook and stood up. "Maybe that missing corner will remind Two Dollar not to take any more wooden nickels."

The cop closed his notebook and stood up. "Maybe that missing corner will remind Two Dollar not to take any more wooden nickels."

I was going to post here, but seeing this story, I know I can't compete lol. :ninja:

The world is in dire need of paper. Since so many trees were cut down, demands for recycling has sharply increased.... especially in China! :ninja:

Here is a short story:

Counterfeiter 1: We need to print more new fake money!!! Get more wood or paper quick!

Counterfeiter 2: But that's all we got! From ragged clothes, stoled magazines to books. We even put in newspaper used for wrapping vegetables, as well as dumped in all the used chopsticks that I got from the food court!

Counterfeiter 1: Is that how bad the situation is?

Counterfeiter 2: What should we do? We can't keep up with this!

Counterfeiter 1: Aiya - there should be a way. Did we manage to sell that lot of 100 USD?

Counterfeiter 2: Yes, 100 bills of them for 5000 to a Nigerian dealer. Not a bad day.

Counterfeiter 1: Have you checked that they are all genuine?

Counterfeiter 2: Yes, and I changed it to Euros and Renminbi right away.

Counterfeiter 1: Good. Let's have lunch and pay those irigal woodcutters later.

Counterfeiter 2: Ok. But Brother wait, I got something that you might want to throw it in.

(shows out the 2 dollar bill)

Counterfeiter 1: Ah? What is that?

Counterfeiter 2: The Nigerian person gave it to us.

Counterfeiter 1: Ah? So he gave you 5002 dollars?

Counterfeiter 2: No, he gave us 4800 dollars in mixed denomination of 20, 50 and 100 and 200 dollars in 2 dollar bills.

Counterfeiter 1: You fool! 200 dollars in 2 dollar bills? I never heard of them!

Counterfeiter 2: But but but... he said they are real..

Counterfeiter 1: Let me take a look at them!

(grabs the wad of notes from Counterfeiter 2)

Counterfeiter 1: 1928? 1934? 1963? What? And you didn't managed to exchange them?

Counterfeiter 2: He didn't have any more money left...

Counterfeiter 1: You fool! Then why did you accept them! These notes could be like, notes that my father or grandfather could have counterfeited them!

Counterfeiter 2: You can't tell the differences?

Counterfeiter 1: Of course I can! The paper quality is different!

Counterfeiter 2: How?

Counterfeiter 1: Like this!

(tears a corner off)

Counterfeiter 2: Are you telling me to tear a corner off all the notes to check if they are real or not?

Counterfeiter 2: Hello?

Counterfeiter 1: These are real...?

Counterfeiter 2: Huh?

(busts in a bunch of FBI)

FBI: Freeze!

Counterfeiter 1 & 2: Aiya! Run!!!

(and off they ran through some kind of secret tunnel)

FBI man1: Boy those guys ran off fast. Like what we expected, a printing press. They sure never cease to amaze me.

FBI man2: Now what do we have here. Stacks of 100 US dollars. All counterfeit. We got to destroy them.

FBI man1: Hey, what does 2 dollar bills got to do here? These men were trying to counterfeit them? These are like almost useless back home.

FBI man2: You sure those are genuine?

FBI man1: Yea man. What's up with these counterfeiters. They produce super 100 dollar bills and now what. They want to dominate every single denomination next?

FBI man2: Maybe. We better pack these paper junk up.

FBI man1: But what are we going to do with these 2 dollar bills? They look genuine to me.

FBI man2: We'll take everything back home and verify which ones are real. And we'll use them if they happen to be genuine. ;)

FBI man1: Great!

FBI man2: Why is that 2 dollar bill missing a corner?

FBI man1: Who knows. And it's a 1928 bill too.

FBI man2: Oh well, we'll investiage when we get back home.

(back in the US after the investiagation)

FBI man1: BOOZE!

FBI man2: Ya man, after all the hardwork.

(and continues into marianne's story ;) )

And so... that's how the 2 dollar bill entered into circulation.

Here is the story:

The Two was lost from a American bomber in the second world war and then it was ran over by a german Tiger tank in Berlin in the american zone, that's why it's in so bad shape and and then after the war it was found by an american officer who sended it to his son in the U.S.And so the Two is back in circulation again.....

Isn't it obvious? Our buddy 'Deuce' was working a lot of overtime on a special project. As he was putting the final touches on his hard work he suffered the worst paper cut anyone could survive. He pulled through, but will carry the reminder forever. "All work and no play will give you dull corners."

Once opon a time a little $2 was watching surviver on the family channel with her pal silver $ and silver bet her she couldn't float down two storys with out a scratch. Well she knew how easy that was so she flapped out the window and WHAM!!!!!! silver slammed the window on her corner and off it came.

Archived