CoinPeople.com

3 Roubles 1874

IlyaE

Yes I can see the trouble. Normally that coin would easily go over 600USD, or even closer to 1grand, but right now it is nowhere near that figure.

If you asked me, I personally would not bid on it. Something is wrong although I do see some genuine bidders on the coin. Else, you can use paypal protection if something goes wrong but I don't remember how much paypal does protect you. Maybe up to 200USD? I can't remember.

Yes I can see the trouble. Normally that coin would easily go over 600USD, or even closer to 1grand, but right now it is nowhere near that figure.

If you asked me, I personally would not bid on it. Something is wrong although I do see some genuine bidders on the coin. Else, you can use paypal protection if something goes wrong but I don't remember how much paypal does protect you. Maybe up to 200USD? I can't remember.

The guy is from Brooklyn. So am I. I asked if we could meet in my office and examine the coins. I told him that if those were real (especially Peter I gold) I would buy some of the coins either through eBay or privately. He refused for a very strange reason -- that he wants to do everything by the rules!? Whatever that meant... Naturaly I came to a conclusion that the guy is another a...hole trying to steal money.

BKB, I wouldn't be too suprised. There are people who are paranoid about meeting in person, only to get the coins get stolen. Peter I gold coins are quite rare and imagine if they are to get stolen. Not a pretty scene.

I have heard of it and I personally wouldn't want to be in a situation like that.

I did not offer to meet in the park or some dark alley. I offered to meet during the day in a place of business, with other people around. I identified my occupation, so he knew that I had a lot to loose if I did something funny. The pictures of the coins he sells on ebay are very blurry, which I also told him. The guy cannot sell any coin for what its worth on ebay. And, he still does not want to meet?! BS!!!! I can bet $1 against 1c that he is selling air.

I did not offer to meet in the park or some dark alley. I offered to meet during the day in a place of business, with other people around. I identified my occupation, so he knew that I had a lot to loose if I did something funny. The pictures of the coins he sells on ebay are very blurry, which I also told him. The guy cannot sell any coin for what its worth on ebay. And, he still does not want to meet?! BS!!!! I can bet $1 against 1c that he is selling air.

I agree to BKB. I saw all the auctions, it looks like the guy stole pictures from some real auctions and is selling air, like BKB said. First, he has "private" feedback, second he is trying to sell coins for 14,500 USD, has blurry pictures and is agressive (see answers to questions). These seem to be the same people, as "numismats" from Ukraine on eBay some time ago :ninja:

It's a bit too early to declare that he really has done so. There is no concrete proof of such and this thread is likely to get deleted / locked etc.

It might not be proven, bit there are warning signs all over these auctions ranging from private feedback, blurry pictures, previous sales of fakes here and here (true, the seller does say "Copy?" - as if there were any doubt. Does anyone seriously believe that a collector advanced to enough to own Peter I gold coins would sell genuine Constantine rubles on ebay for $29.99 and $31.99 each? :ninja::lol: )

Good luck getting your money back if you buy anything from this seller.

Does anyone know ebay identity "yanulik"?

"Yanulik" bought this coin, a 1728 coronation ducat of Peter II at the bargain-basement price of only $1,200.

It would be interesting to know what "Yanulik" has to say about his/her level of satisfaction with this transaction.

Here is my assesment, and I have not seen any of these coins in person.

-He is not selling 'air' or 'pictures'

-This guy was collecting gold at some point.

-Someone sold him many fakes.

-He is disposing of his holdings.

-He has doubts about authenticity of his main coins.

-His not so rare coins are real.

I could be wrong, since my assesment is based on bits and pieces of information I received here and there. :ninja:

Archived