CoinPeople.com

Latest Banknote purchases.

Guest Aidan Work

With the recent events in Sudan - I believe they will have to change the banknote - at least the map, by lopping off the Southern part of the country which will soon be known as Clooneyland. They don't have a name for the southern part that just seceded, but Clooneyland would recognise a figure that has been important in humanitarian efforts there.

Here is one of my recent, well some time ago but too lazy to work on images:

bankofcommercepennsylvania51860.jpg

bankofcommercepennsylvania51860dtl1.jpg

bankofcommercepennsylvania51860dtl2.jpg

Bank of Commerce survived the Obsolete era and became National Bank of Commerce in Erie, charter 547. Only two brownback $5's are reported on that bank though. Obsoletes issued by banks that evolved into the National Bank era are quite scarce since they were often redeemed by holders of the notes.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The World's Worst, But Also Cheapest Original Series Ace

nyacetn.jpg

This bank was opened as a NY State bank in 1854, a National Bank in 1865, and pushed up daisies in January 1900. I am just happy to own an original series ace finally. And the girls fit well into my notaphilic harem.

I like that Sudan set. I bought the set mainly because of that 2 Pound music note - but in hand the whole set is actually very nice, and I'm glad I got the set and not just the 2 pound note. :bthumbsup:

MY NICE AND SCARCE BELGIUM CONGO SPECIMEN NOTES----)

begium-congo_edited.jpg

begium-congojpg-back_edited.jpg

back_edited.jpg

belgium-100_edited.jpg

Fresh from the far east....ENJOY !

• 4 weeks later...

Earlier this week I got a huge surprise when I received a letter from a friend in Hong Kong.

Apperently she wanted it to arrive on my birthday (on Thursday), but it arrived a little too early (according to her, lol)

When I opened the envelope two UNC Chinese banknotes, 2 and 10 Yuan from 1980, fell out.

Namnlst-1kopiera.jpg

Namnlst-2kopiera.jpg

The Chinese notes are from what is by far one of my favourite national series of banknotes from China. Now all those ethnic minorities have been replaced by Chairman Mao :sorry:

Yeah I agree with you mate! This is the most beautful series of the Chinses banknotes. They really should remove Mao I reckon. :pardon:

It's nice that you got the 1980 ones and not the later 1990 re-issue; the back of the 1990 isn't nearly as nice even though it's the same design.

CCG, since you mentioned it - they went from intaglio printing on the earlier notes to photogravure printed notes which accounts for the difference in printing techniques - I own sets of both the 1980 and then the 1996 era notes and noticed the difference on the lower than 5 Yuan notes.

Got these in today. Been looking around for the 500 Dinar on e with Hannibal's elephants on it.

14421435.jpg

I am guessing Tunisia? I would like to see larger images of the notes - lots to see that is not apparent in the mini images.