Latest Banknote purchases.

Guest Aidan Work

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got this one in the mail on Monday, it's pretty worn out, but who of us will look better when we're 120?

Can I ask how much those went for? I'm guessing they were either a good deal or approaching 1000+

Those are the kind of notes people only normally read about, and see pics online or in books. It's not too often you meet someone who actually owns one. It's like meeting someone with a 2-3 digit large sized note, or an Unc black eagle star note, it's just not very common! My collection is a drop in the bucket when you start comparing it to yours Jeff, lol. Now all I need to do is meet someone who has a full set of $100 notes from the earliest large sized to current, lol. :ninja:

Thanks for the kind words vfox! A set of $100 notes would be an accomplishment indeed! I think I only have 4 C-notes in my collection, and 3 of them are FRNs! I think if I were to pursue another it would be a series 1922 gold certificate, as that is the only note in that late series that seems like a total throwback to the 19th century. Maybe someday!

The largest denomination US note in my collection would currently be my small sized $20 gold seal and the two National currency $20's. I used to own a few $50, and a 1970's $100 star note, but those have all seen to way of ebay, or Jeff, lol. :ninja: I only collect 1's and 5's, so other than the three $20 the only thing I want is a silver cert $10, and a N.Africa $10. (I guess all the hawaii issues too, lol) 1's have been my passion lately, and as most of you know I finally completed my typeset, so now I have to work on all the different series A,B,C, and so on, lol. ;) That will take a while....especially the 28E Oi! *Goes to relieve Thedeadpoint of his*

The winnings of a few auctions just arrived today:

3x West African States 1000 Franc (2003) F

2x West African States 2000 Franc (2003) A

1x West African States 5000 Franc (2003) A

4x India 10 Rupees (2006 issue)

I also found a neat import/export place local to me that gets stuff from time to time. They have a whole bunch of lesser known circulating currencies for dirt cheap. Saving up for a big buy there later.

I'll scan those three WAS notes in later, going on a mini vacation this weekend.

I also found a neat import/export place local to me that gets stuff from time to time. They have a whole bunch of lesser known circulating currencies for dirt cheap. Saving up for a big buy there later.

If they happen to get any Zambian currency for cheap, gimme a yell. :ninja:

The Chief is certainly on my list of "must have" notes. I just have to wait until my wife blows a lot of money on something stupid. Then I'll have license to purchase. Unfortunately, she'll probably never spend enough to justify me buying the $5 educational note.

Dave

Gees, that will be a happy day when my wife spends 1/2 as much as I do. She doesn't understand the concept that these are investments and appreciate in value etc. etc. etc. Good luck CC, I give up here. She is tightwad central.

Is the reverse on that cut strange? Or did you keep it because it's a star note? Btw, the last link is the only one that works, then you have to hit "previous" on the site to see the obv.

Is the reverse on that cut strange? Or did you keep it because it's a star note? Btw, the last link is the only one that works, then you have to hit "previous" on the site to see the obv.

I deleted the post. I can't get the links to work at all. I'll move them to flickr later and repost. Just kept it for the star and that it's a 1999 series.