CoinPeople.com

Latest Banknote purchases.

Guest Aidan Work

My question to you is where can I find these 'polymer notes' at a reasonable price?

Just remember some of those polymer notes have a rather high exchange rate, as they are being used all over the world right now. Most can be had for less than $20 even with exchange rates compared to US funds. I guess it also depends on the part of the world you're in. I really love the designs on Zambian Kwachas, and the exchange rate is next to nothing (nearly 4,000 Kwacha per 1 USD), but because I'm in the US it's nearly impossible to get a pack of 100 polymers at a good price, so I only own one 500 and one 1000, and they were a few bucks for the pair. If I was closer to Africa, I could probably get them for 5-20 times face or so, which I'd still be happy about.

Now, as for new notes. Thanks to Bill I now own this little guy, last one I needed for my $1 type set!

4qqtrwn.jpg

4q8u2rp.jpg

And I got these pretty cheap just recently.

4ua9c9y.jpg

4v6d3rb.jpg

52oombt.jpg

54dmt00.jpg

I really like the notes from Thailand, I need to find a good source to purchase some more! Anyone? :ninja:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, now all I need are a few FRN's from the 70's-90's and I have all the dates as well. Then if I really get ambitious I'll work on series, and sig combos. Also the R&S experimental Silver certs and web press notes have to be aquired at somepoint.

I see you're doing well with your collection as well, that 1928 E is a pretty hard note, much more than the red seal 28. Nice star as well!

I myself watch the Thai notes with interest, I got one from last year from another collector here on the forum, it is the 60th anniversary of the reign of King Bhumidol, but I also am still looking for the 60th birthday of Queen Sirikit note. They are nice designs, unusual denominations like 60 Baht, and even the square design like above.

I see you're doing well with your collection as well, that 1928 E is a pretty hard note, much more than the red seal 28. Nice star as well!

Haha. Thanks. I've only got a few notes posted online. I never make the time when I'm home to use the scanner/camera. So most of my 40 or so notes aren't posted. Of the $1 Silver cert series, I'm missing Fr239 (the last 1923 sig combo), 1928C, a few of those stars, and a few stars in teh 35 series. All but one or two will require a few hundred $$ investment each for a decent example. That kind of budget and the opportunities to buy one don't come around as often as I'd like. But hopefully i'll have all the signatures and stars by next year.

Keep it up. You and Jtryka are real inspirations. I've seen your "recent purchases" here often and am really tempted to jump into new series, but again $ + time = hard to come by.

Haha. Thanks. I've only got a few notes posted online. I never make the time when I'm home to use the scanner/camera. So most of my 40 or so notes aren't posted. Of the $1 Silver cert series, I'm missing Fr239 (the last 1923 sig combo), 1928C, a few of those stars, and a few stars in teh 35 series. All but one or two will require a few hundred $$ investment each for a decent example. That kind of budget and the opportunities to buy one don't come around as often as I'd like. But hopefully i'll have all the signatures and stars by next year.

Keep it up. You and Jtryka are real inspirations. I've seen your "recent purchases" here often and am really tempted to jump into new series, but again $ + time = hard to come by.

I know what you mean by the money and time thing. That's why I limited myself to 1899-current and only a type set. (except for the small sized FRN's, I am getting all the years as well) I would like to but together a $1 type set for all types of them, but a lot of the large sized notes bring choice prices, so that is the "I hit the lottery" collection, lol.

I like the fives as well, but I don't have the money to jump into that moreso than what I already own. And anything more than what I purchased years ago in 10's and up are just way to much for me right now.

Getting sig combos, series, stars, dates, and all that for all Silver Certificates is a REALLY big challenge. I was impressed when I heard you were going to undertake it, most people, like myself just go for an example of each and that's that. I would really like to see your collection whenever it's uploaded! As for me, for the most part my banknotebank is up to date except all my Non-US notes which I am working on currently.

Well, yesterday I had some time between meetings and I took a little walk down 14th street to C Street and took a tour of the BEP! It was pretty cool, and nice to see the stacks of $1 million in uncut series 2004 A $10 star notes! Needless to say, I did stop at the gift shop and couldn't resist a sheet of 4 new series 2006 $1 notes, a sheet of 4 series 2003 A $2 notes and a sheet of 4 series 2004 $20 star notes! I will try to post photos later on.

I got a whole mess of notgeld lately, and I like the whole lot. Now I know these are about two cities grousing over Hamburg taking their milk and fruit, but today I was looking at one series in particular, and I thought - hey!

Doesn't this have a resemblance to the creature from the black lagoon?

907550B.jpg

and this one just reminds me of the Budweiser frogs!

907553B.jpg

Made me wonder if Hollywood didn't have some notgeld collectors in their midst!

I got a whole mess of notgeld lately, and I like the whole lot. Now I know these are about two cities grousing over Hamburg taking their milk and fruit, but today I was looking at one series in particular, and I thought - hey!

Doesn't this have a resemblance to the creature from the black lagoon?

907550B.jpg

and this one just reminds me of the Budweiser frogs!

907553B.jpg

Made me wonder if Hollywood didn't have some notgeld collectors in their midst!

The neat thing about the notgelds is that there is just so much variety, my fave is the defecating donkey on the Paderborn 2mk note. But there are also political, satirical, historical, and really beautiful and colourful notes.

Needless to say, I did stop at the gift shop and couldn't resist a sheet of 4 new series 2006 $1 notes, a sheet of 4 series 2003 A $2 notes and a sheet of 4 series 2004 $20 star notes! I will try to post photos later on.

Is there any possibility of uncut sheets appreciating in significant value over the next 10-20 years? I didn't know if there is some sort of trend for them - similar to modern issues I suspect: so many collectors buy so many straight from the mint that it would take ages for signifcant appreciation.a

Well, I didn't get a chance to image them yet, but I picked up a 1,5,10 (2 different types), and a 20 Thailand Baht from the dealer at the market today. His notes are a buck each, which at times is a little much depending what they are, but he always takes a little off so lessen the blow, lol.

Gorgeous note, Dave. I really want to start collecting maps and if I do, I'll have to find myself an example of that note. I see why you had to buy it.

And guess what... I'm the 12,001 viewer of this thread

myself ths morn i got a 1953 5 dollor slver certificate shes a beut!!

The silver certificate series is a fantastic series for any beginner collector or collector with a smaller budget. They have notes that can be had for 7 bucks in UNC and ones that can't be had for under a 1000$ in Good - depends on how hard you want to make it.

Alright, this was an impulse buy. I simply had to have it. Though I had seen the front before, I had never seen the reverse until the other day. Something about it just had to be mine.

4lr8x91.jpg

That's a beautiful note especially the reverse. :ninja:

The silver certificate series is a fantastic series for any beginner collector or collector with a smaller budget. They have notes that can be had for 7 bucks in UNC and ones that can't be had for under a 1000$ in Good - depends on how hard you want to make it.

well it was my grandpas my great grandma gave it to him when he was one which was in 53 and he finally let me buy it off of him.. im almost got the frame made for it!!

• 1 month later...
Recently,I bought 3 very nice notes from a certain member from Minnesota,Alex (Friedman);]

Bahamas 2001 $1.

Bahamas 2002 $1.

Singapore 1990 $2.

I received in the mail this morning a 50p. British postal order issued on the 4th of April 2005 in Cyprus here; 'UN NICOSIA BFPO 567. 04 AP 05'.This is interesting as it is a Field Post Office issue.This is a remainder issue,because the regulations on the back include the following clause 'This Order is issued in accordance with the relevant Scheme or Schemes under Section 28 of The Post Office Act 1969.' This Act has since been repealed & replaced with a new Act in 2000.I'll get more information later.

If you have bought anything in the banknote line,could you please leave a posting (including photos,if possible).

Aidan.

Hello Aidan,

Can you post in this fourm being from New Zeland? If so, please show me the pic's.

1/2 Cotton 1/2 Linen