Latest Banknote purchases.

Guest Aidan Work

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

heheh...i picked that one up from a disney collector. they're a pretty hardcore group, and only 500 of those notes were printed. you can tell your wife i spent plenty more than $50 dollars for "mickey mouse money". ;)

i have scottishmoney to thank for getting me into disneydollars, but he has kids. heheh...i don't have any excuse whatsoever for having so many. :ninja:

I need to get an "in" at the Disney store, who will call me when they get the $50's, usually when they get them they only get 1 at a time. The $10's can be a pain to get, it took me a while to get the Cinderella $10, but I had no problem getting the Sleeping Beauty $5, and the Ariel $1. BTW my kids treat them just as money, which is why I have a couple of Dumbo $1's in my wallet that I bought off of one of them after a Disneyworld visit. The best way to get the Disney Dollars is in their stores, there they go for face, it is in the aftermarket that they get ridiculous in prices. My daughter recently decided she did not want her 2000 $5 with Goofy, so we peddled it off on eBay and it sold for $18.00, not a bad return for a $5 purchase.

Well, after a bad week at work, when I came on Friday, I was surprised to find that all my ordered notes from separate dealers all came in… well, actually, one came in yesterday, but it was registered mail, so my wife went to the post office to get it for me. While she was gone, another registered mail notice was left on our door! So I still have to get that one tomorrow!

Anyhow, I was very pleased to go over my new notes I’d been looking forward to getting - Especially as they are all notes I have been wanting for a while, but just not able to track them down.

906881A.jpg

906882A.jpg

906883A.jpg

906884A.jpg

906885A.jpg

906886A.jpg

..... that saudi dude is one funny-looking guy. :ninja:

That's primarily why I got it!

Well, today I picked up the last that I had on order. It isn't in great shape, but it's getting harder to find these in XF or Better, so for now I'll be satisfied with this. (Should have got it earlier when they were more commonly seen).

4uwx8nl.jpg

OK it has to be said that is a seriously dramatic banknote LOL Swiss?

:ninja:

Indeed it is Swiss. Dates 1970.

For a long time I had thought that it was depicting a warrior type scene, perhaps a fallen comrade, or a wounded foe, but it isn't. It turns out that this is a depiction of a generous act by St. Martin who, coming across a cold, shivering beggar, cut his cloak in half, along with a loaf of bread, and said 'this is all I have, but I will share it with you'.

As far as I know the child on the front with a lamb is allegorical. There are two larger denomination notes in this series... I don't know that I will be able to afford them, or be able to find them. I've seen the 500 for sale once, but I have never seen the 1000 franc.

Yeah.. very dramatic note. I swear the child looks like its forcing the lamb to open its mouth and eat the flower. He's got a mischievous look in his eyes.

• 2 weeks later...
Received in today from Hong Kong, China this lovely note.

It is a year 1926 2 Tiao from China - Changtung, Pingdu, Shui Chang Xiang .... Well, let's just say China.

62yg274.jpg

Very nice, sometime I want to collect more early 20th century Chinese myself.