CoinPeople.com

Latest Banknote purchases.

Guest Aidan Work

The first bits of my collection

Some AU-UNC Euros (3x 5 Euro, 3x 10 Euro, and 1x 20 Euro)

Nice start! Are they all from the same country? You'll have to post them in Banknotebank.com too! Congratulations! :ninja:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1.jpg2.jpg

BRAZIL - 100 Cruzados Novos - 1989 - #220a - Poet UNC

BRAZIL - 500 Cruzeiros OP - 1990 - #226b - Hummingbird UNC

RWANDA - 100 Francs - 2003 - #29 - Farmer, Oxen UNC

SOMALIA - 500 Shilin Soomaali -- 1989 UNC

3.jpg4.jpg

COSTA RICA - 5 Colones - 1992 UNC

SOMALILAND - 10 Shillings - 1996 - Camel Caravan UNC

Just arrived today....i like the costa rica 5 colones, got it for US$1.00. All this notes are very colourfull... :ninja:

Just arrived today....i like the costa rica 5 colones, got it for US$1.00. All this notes are very colourfull... :ninja:

Nice lot of notes there, Naidu - I think that Costa Rican 5 Colones note is a very popular design amongst most people. It was one I had to have too! ;)

Got this Belgian note in today. Belgium 100 Francs/20 Belgas note P107(36) from 1943. It's a pretty big note - about 4.25 X 7.0 inches.

WOW! this note really tempting, very beautifull in design, historical and very architectural more like ancient notes..i ever saw this notes in ebay...most of the Francs banknotes very beautifull. I'm into collecting Francs banknotes. ;):ninja:

Got this Belgian note in today. Belgium 100 Francs/20 Belgas note P107(36) from 1943. It's a pretty big note - about 4.25 X 7.0 inches.

67fnkw7.jpg

6chbypc.jpg

Fascinatingly similar in the passionate artistic merit to the French notes, ie the Merson 100 FF and the 5000FF Flameng of 1918:

b95_0801a.jpg

b95_0801r.jpg

CGB currently has this one for sale for €3400, a very rare and pricey note.

Latest - My buddy who took a cruise came through for me big time by getting....

101_0742.jpg

101_0741.jpg

575 Haitian Gourdes! I think I have a favorite currently circulating currency.

I also ordered a bunch of stuff (my old M:TG cards sold that were collecting dust) that should arrive shortly (based on the shop recommendations)

Fascinatingly similar in the passionate artistic merit to the French notes, ie the Merson 100 FF and the 5000FF Flameng of 1918:

CGB currently has this one for sale for €3400, a very rare and pricey note.

Wow... how come that note hasn't made it into your "Pretty Ladies - France" thread? I see some lookers there...

I saw that note and thought "man, I really got to get me one of those." Thanks for sharing the price. My dreams are crushed.

that french note is simply awesome. notes like that make me seriously rethink my current policy of modern + uncirculated only. the prices definitely keep me in check!

those haitian notes are a great design, aren't they? i was going to mention them in the 'favorite design' thread, but the criteria was to pick out just one note. ;) other nicely designed series i like are taiwan, malta, switzerland, hungary, and scotland's clydesdale bank. also portugal's ships & explorers series, before they made the switch to the euro.

and i know my other posts on this topic stated my buying was finished for the nexyt year or so...but i fell victim to an impulse buy. it's not even a real banknote! heheh...this is my last one for sure. no more buying after this! :ninja:

boyer50f-vi.jpg

2005 Disney World $50, special design, #248 out of 500.

Wow... how come that note hasn't made it into your "Pretty Ladies - France" thread? I see some lookers there...

I saw that note and thought "man, I really got to get me one of those." Thanks for sharing the price. My dreams are crushed.

It is well out of what I will pay for a banknote too. I saw an Uncirculated example a few years ago. I can just imagine what it goes for.

Well have just recieved my 1st 100 world Banknotes and am quite pleased ;) these 2 from Cambodia realy did take my fancy, I love images of the old asian temples ;) Hope that you guy's like them. Also will try to get my British Army notes scaned later.

:ninja:

Well have just recieved my 1st 100 world Banknotes and am quite pleased ;) these 2 from Cambodia realy did take my fancy, I love images of the old asian temples ;) Hope that you guy's like them. Also will try to get my British Army notes scaned later.

Nice notes, De Orc! And congrat's on your first new notes! :ninja:

and i know my other posts on this topic stated my buying was finished for the nexyt year or so...but i fell victim to an impulse buy. it's not even a real banknote! heheh...this is my last one for sure. no more buying after this! :ninja:

boyer50f-vi.jpg

2005 Disney World $50, special design, #248 out of 500.

Thanks man. I was feeling guilty for buying a few of the disney $1 notes. Now I can show your post to my wife and say, "hell, at least I didn't spend $50 on funny money!"

heheh...i picked that one up from a disney collector. they're a pretty hardcore group, and only 500 of those notes were printed. you can tell your wife i spent plenty more than $50 dollars for "mickey mouse money". ;)

i have scottishmoney to thank for getting me into disneydollars, but he has kids. heheh...i don't have any excuse whatsoever for having so many. :ninja:

;)

Hi 'De Orc'

All the best in you collection..i do have some notes from cambodia too. It's true about the temples there, specially the one and only ANGKOR WAT. :ninja:

Angkor Wat:

Angkor Wat (or Angkor Vat) is a temple at Angkor, Cambodia, built for King Suryavarman II in the early 12th century as his state temple and capital city. The largest and best-preserved temple at the site, it is the only one to have remained a significant religious centre — first Hindu, dedicated to Vishnu, then Buddhist — since its foundation. The temple is the epitome of the high classical style of Khmer architecture. It has become a symbol of Cambodia, appearing on its national flag, and it is the country's prime attraction for visitors.

Angkor Wat combines two basic plans of Khmer temple architecture: the temple mountain and the later galleried temples. It is designed to represent Mount Meru, home of the gods in Hindu mythology: within a moat and an outer wall 3.6 km (2.2 miles) long are three rectangular galleries, each raised above the next. At the centre of the temple stands a quincunx of towers. Unlike most Angkorian temples, Angkor Wat is oriented to the west; scholars are divided as to the significance of this. As well as for the grandeur and harmony of the architecture, the temple is admired for its extensive bas-reliefs and for the numerous devatas adorning its walls.

Angkor_wat.jpg