Guest Aidan Work

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is my Argentina 1 PESO :) got today

Does anybody know if 1 PESO is still used in Argentina or not ?

Nice note. Good question. I do not know the answer and a quick search hasn't turned up anything specific about it. Hopefully someone will be along to answer soon.

Argentina has used the Peso as the name for their currency for a long time. (Back to the nineteenth Century I think, when they were gold coins).

They had a period of hyper-inflation in the 1980s and I have a one million Peso note from that period.

They still currently use the Peso - but it is a reissued currency.

Unfortunately I can't see where they put a date on their notes, so I couldn't say which version of the peso you have. Looks not dissimilar to my million, so it could be from just before the inflation killed things off.

Argentina has used the Peso as the name for their currency for a long time. (Back to the nineteenth Century I think, when they were gold coins).

They had a period of hyper-inflation in the 1980s and I have a one million Peso note from that period.

They still currently use the Peso - but it is a reissued currency.

Unfortunately I can't see where they put a date on their notes, so I couldn't say which version of the peso you have. Looks not dissimilar to my million, so it could be from just before the inflation killed things off.

This note is a Replacement 1983-1985 ND Series 1 Peso Argentino

It didn't last long the Austral came after

I bought some notgeld recently. One of them is a small set from Oberammergau. There's a neat little history to the city, which these notes commemorate if you're interested. http://www.banknoteden.com/German_Notgeld_Oberammergau.html

21abij7.jpg

Bottom right design is pretty rad - reminds me of some Grateful Dead artwork. What does the obverse say?

Bottom right design is pretty rad - reminds me of some Grateful Dead artwork. What does the obverse say?

I'm sure it says somethin', but I can't be too certain what, exactly. It's in the old German script, and Notgeld is typically written in some type of dialect-ical manner that my middle and high school German can't penetrate enough to be worthy of more than a guess.