Guest Aidan Work

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks.

I'm not working on a particular series. Rather, I'm going for a type set of sorts. I say 'of sorts' as there will be some I will likely not be able to get, due to the large price tags that they command. For the $5 set, I have yet to get the following:

1914 Large Size Red seal (came *THIS* close to getting one last week, but thought twice and am waiting)

1918 Large Size Blue seal

1923 Silver Certificate - Porthole (likely one I will not get)

1929 National Type 2

1902 Large Size National Plain Back

1902 Large Size National Date Back

1902 Large Size National Red Seal (might never get this one either)

I'm simultaneously working on a set of 10's as well, so whatever comes my way first.

Very nice. I couldn't get to the local shop this morning - usually one of the only times of the year I get to add a new note to my collection.

GREAT SCORE ON THE NOTES! ITS ALMOST LIKE HITTING THE LOTTERY WHEN YOU FIND THE BANKNOTES YOU HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR AT A GREAT PRICE!

I HAVE SOME BEAUTIFUL BANKNOTES I SCORED. WHAT DO YOU THINK??793969383_o.jpg793969369_o.jpg793969363_o.jpg793969317_o.jpg793969301_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got two notes in today that I've been wanting for a while, but have been putting off.

Guatemala 200 Quetzals

Colombia 20000 Pesos

122db2p.jpg

These are terrific. Love the designs and colors.

Interesting note Dave. I recall seeing these a few times but have never actually had one or even held one. Is the paper very thin like tissue paper or onion skin?

MMMM sorry to hear you've been having health issues. Hope that 2015 proves to be a much healthier year for you. Very nice Congo note.

In the hospital ? Sorry to hear that. I hope you're getting better at least. I Hope the new year brings better health.

I've always enjoyed seeing your posts with new additions for your zoo. if you let them run wild again, I'd understand, but would miss seeing the new ones added. You've actually inspired me to get several notes for my own collection. It's more important to Take care of yourself first though and stay well.

I agree with Art: That is a cool Congo note.