Latest Banknote purchases.

Guest Aidan Work

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

maybe it's his keyboard/computer. u.s. keyboards are defaulted to show the '$' symbol, korean pc's show the won,and japanese show the yen. makes sense that a british one shows the pound. ;)

to use a different symbol than the default, you'd have to look up the code, like alt + 0163. sometimes i get lazy and just write out 'pounds' or 'euro' rather than look up the code. :ninja:

When I was writing it I kept thinking to myself press the "$" not the "£" ;)

Amended now

• 2 weeks later...

Today I drove down to a coin show about an hour away ( they don't have too many in NH) and i got the following

Australia Unc 5, 10 and 20 dollar polymer notes (P51-53)

1946 Hungary 10,000 Milpengo (P126)

Madagascar 5,000 Francs (P78)

1975 Rhodesia $10 (P33B)

and a complete set of UNC New Zealand banknotes from 1992-1993 (the $5,10,20, 50 and 100) all with the same serial numbers AA000625

and all of it was just under $200 :ninja:

excellent notes! i especially like the reverse of that c-note. it's notes like these that are getting me to focus my collection a lot more to the u.s. side as opposed to the rest of world. i'm slowly crossing over...maybe temporarily, maybe not. ;)

as for display recommendations, i've been using fotki.com. i found it several years ago and liked it so much i decided to upgrade my free account to a paid one. it lets me show public photo galleries, password-protected galleries, and hidden private galleries. with unlimited account space, i loaded my entire collection to the public area and use my private area to host pictures for use other websites...like my avatar and signature bar. they also just added a new feature allowing for video.

http://public.fotki.com/sanmiguel/world_banknotes/

another popular site i've seen in use is flickr. i've never used them, so i can't really comment on their features. but from what i've seen....it looks pretty snazzy! :ninja:

http://flickr.com/photos/tiffibunny/sets/72157594222116556/

also, there's always good ol' banknote bank!

http://www.banknotebank.com/user_view.aspx?id=UkrainaDvi

Great fotki collection ;) My favourite private issue has to be the Welsh banknotes. Shame Wales don't issue their own banknotes like Scotland & Northern Ireland

Today I got home from my National Guard duty to find these two waiting for me:

1944 Morocco 10 Francs..... I really like older Morocco notes.

309rqc1.jpg

And then this one from Equatorial Guinea - This series is my favorite from this country.

29olxm1.jpg

Great fotki collection :ninja: My favourite private issue has to be the Welsh banknotes. Shame Wales don't issue their own banknotes like Scotland & Northern Ireland

But someone in Wales indeed did issue banknotes beginning in the late 1960's:

903612A.jpg

903612B.jpg

I had whole sets of them at one time, and then gave them to my brother. Now they go for ridiculous prices on eBay.

But someone in Wales indeed did issue banknotes beginning in the late 1960's:

903612A.jpg

903612B.jpg

I had whole sets of them at one time, and then gave them to my brother. Now they go for ridiculous prices on eBay.

Interesting do you or anyone else have any history on these at all, I have never heard of them

Interesting do you or anyone else have any history on these at all, I have never heard of them

Indeed, Peter Symes has a whole treatise of them on his site:

Black Sheep Company of Wales

BTW, look at the rest of his site. It can be addictive, and you may have to come back to it. He has written a number of books, many of which are for sale on his site also - especially on British banknotes.

Indeed, Peter Symes has a whole treatise of them on his site:

Black Sheep Company of Wales

BTW, look at the rest of his site. It can be addictive, and you may have to come back to it. He has written a number of books, many of which are for sale on his site also - especially on British banknotes.

Great link :ninja:

Guest Aidan Work

I think that it is long overdue for the Black Sheep notes to be listed in Pick,as they did have the backing of the British Board of Trade at the time that they were issued.

Aidan.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Aidan Work

I recently bought in 2 Trinidad & Tobago $1 banknotes,of which one depicts our Queen's portrait.The other is from the 2002 issue.

I have also bought in 2 Jamaican $1 banknotes & a Jamaican $10 banknote.

Another note I picked up was the 1982 50 Tambala from Malawi depicting Hastings K. Banda,who was a dictator in his own right.

Aidan.

Guest Aidan Work

In yesterday's mail,these banknotes arrived from a dealer in Australia;

Pakistan (1947-48) 1 Rupee - similar to the 1940 Indian 1 Rupee,but with 'GOVERNMENT OF PAKISTAN' in both English & Urdu added.

Sarawak 1940 10c. Portrait of Rajah Sir Charles Vyner Brooke at right.Uniface.

Zimbabwe (2003) $5,000 Traveller's Cheque.Pink.Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe's logo at the top of the note on the front.Wavy lines on the back.

Zimbabwe 2003 $20,000 Bearer Cheque.Issuing date 15.9.2003.Expiry date 30.6.2004.'K' serial number prefix.

Aidan.

See323 and Scottishmoney beg you to post images of the above please.

Scottishmoney - :ninja: I did not request for scans. Anyway, Aidan Work does not have a scanner, so no images. I can safely answer for him. ;)

Guest Aidan Work

Unfortunately,I haven't yet got the facilities to take & post photos,as I haven't got either a scanner or a camera.In fact,I haven't yet got a printer.

I do have my own computer though.

Aidan.