Latest Banknote purchases.

Guest Aidan Work

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really like Iceland note, have never seen before. And Tampa FL note is nice too, always nice to see someone get National that is special to them.

It is curious, I haven't really been doing too much buying, either canna find what I want or am busy otherwise with other hobbies. Here is my only recent purchase that has arrived so far, continuing my collecting theme of Post Civil War obsolete notes from USA:

usascrr101873.jpg

usascrr101873dtl.jpg

These notes from this post Civil War era are fascinating because really they were in contravention of Federal Statutes against non-Federally issued currency. They more or less slipped through because of more pressing matters for the Federal Government early on, but by the early 1880s they really started cracking down on non-Federally sponsored money issues.

@MMMM - POC - Punch out cancels. This is a different series that is commonly seen, most of them were green and were not actually circulated. BTW the Uruguayan note is a wonderful example of an early 1880's Homer Lee Banknote Co designed and technology note but ABNCo imprint as ABNCo bought them out. Uruguayan banks had some of the prettiest and most colourful notes of that era, from ABNCo, Giesecke & Devrient, Waterlow and Sons, Bradbury and also BdF.

The Somali-Note is a fantasy piece! I understand these notes were produced in Canada. At first many of these notes appeared on the market, all unc. of course, and now the producer of the note has issued some specimens...

Erwin

But it's in the World Paper Money catalog.