CoinPeople.com

Latest Banknote purchases.

Guest Aidan Work

I got this one in the mail today for my type set (bought off eBay). Pretty cool legend on the back which states:

This note is a legal tender at its face value in payment of all debts public and private except when otherwise expressly stipulated in the contract

936691A.jpg

936691B.jpg

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got this one in the mail today for my type set (bought off eBay).  Pretty cool legend on the back which states:

This note is a legal tender at its face value in payment of all debts public and private except when otherwise expressly stipulated in the contract

936691A.jpg

936691B.jpg

Considering that they were redeemable for gold I can't think of a reason why someone would turn it down :lol:

I got this one in the mail today for my type set (bought off eBay). Pretty cool legend on the back which states:

936691A.jpg

936691B.jpg

An awesome note! Congrats!

Well I wasn't expecting this for at least another week, but this came in today. Must've skipped through customs and their usual week long delay.

This is Spain 1 Peseta from 1940. Despite the depictions of these notes, they are quite small. This one measures at 3 7/8 inches long by 2 inches high. This completes the set I was collecting of notes depicting Columbus that Spain issued in the 1940's.

nm1c74.jpg

Nice note Dave. The series of notes depicting/commemorating Columbus would make an interesting thread all its own.

Don't know about an error or not. The earlier notes were so ornate, maybe in the redesign they never noticed it due to the amount of design that was cut out. I looked on an earlier note and couldn't see a (prominent) crescent and star myself. I'm sure I missed it somewhere.

Don't know about an error or not. The earlier notes were so ornate, maybe in the redesign they never noticed it due to the amount of design that was cut out. I looked on an earlier note and couldn't see a (prominent) crescent and star myself. I'm sure I missed it somewhere.

on the new 10 Dinar it appears next to the denomination in the hexigon shape its absent on the 5