CoinPeople.com

Real or copied?

Dockwalliper

Well, my first guess was someone just copying the signature for fun. But now that I see that she signed some of the bills, I'd say it was an authentic signed copy accidentally put into circulation.

If you could get a better, larger, more detailed picture, it would give more clues. Maybe take a digital photograph and have some better lighting to detail the texture more.

Real or not, i think it's funny that the signature is exactly like (very similar to) the engraved one. Of course it should be, but how often are you able to replicate your own signature between two documents in such a similar manner?

You can tell it's the end of summer for me and I'm going back to school soon. I can't figure out my own logic. Me speak bad.

I hope Chicago is at least warm.

Very cool find! I knew that Ivy Baker Priest signed a bunch, and I guess she wasn't the only one. My guess would be genuine, though even if a fake, she only paid a dollar for it! As for consistency of signature, I looked through some of my checks returned in my bank statement and there is surprising consistency.

I'd guess it's real. Many of the treasurers would sign bills as mementoes at major coin/currency evens and give them to the folks at the dinners. I have a few from ANA conventions signed by a bunch of folks. Great keepsakes.

For me the large signature looks so perfect... to perfect. How it is possible to make a signature to fill exactly the white interval into banknote's design". I am sure if anybody try, must make dozens till one is perfect

Archived