CoinPeople.com

New Member w/?????

My name is Daniel, I started collectin coins when I was young. I stopped Around 11

and started back recently when my mom gave me my coins out of her safety deposit box. I am 26 , I collect Morgan Dollars and Half Dimes. I also collect error coins old and new. I have 25 morgans that I want to get graded. I was thinking about sending them to PCI which is in COIN WORLD. I have 14 Morgan 1899-o dollars. Six of them have slanted mintmarks and some of them have micro O's. You can see the slanted ones without magnification. Some are slanted with magnification. Some are bold O's and some are not.(which I mean micro) My friend bought one from me and sent it to PCI it graded MS-64, but he didn't ask them to look for atrabutions. He also sent PCI a 1999 Linchon wide AM that graded MS-63. I have the ANA grading standards 6th Edition book and they seem to be Graded right. Some of my 1899-o $ are in better shape and some are the same. Has Anyone heard Good or bad things about PCI????? I also have a 1928-S Peace

dollar that looks better than the one in ANA grading standards 6th edition between pages 96-97 which are color pages. This coin is graded at MS-64 hevily bag marked and lightly struck on the reverse. Does anyone have some advice????? COIN PEOPLE seems to be great and alot of people know what there talking about.

I am glad that I can be a member. I know I need a VAM BOOK does anyone have one that they like????? I would appreciate any replies THANKYOU!!! :ninja:

Hello !

I haven't see a Van Allen- Meter Book in a while.

Personally I would use PCGS or NGC if you're looking to resell slabs. Maybe ICG in a pinch. Those are the big three as far as third party grading companies. I have used them in the past, mainly NGC. Don't know much about PCI.

Welcome to CP, Daniel

As far as grading goes, I suppose it depends on what you intend on doing with your coins after they come back in a slab. As has been stated if you are going for resale value I would send them to NGC or PCGS. ICG & ANAC round out the top four. For my own personal tastes I don't usually buy slabed coins & have NEVER sent one in to be graded. The only time I would use a grading co. would be to authenticate a coin. You have the Grading guide & seem to know how to use it accurately. Who cares what some Co. says the grade is??

Just my 2 cents. :ninja:

Have fun!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived