CoinPeople.com

DE: New Website of the Numismatic Office

tabbs

The German Numismatic Office (Verkaufsstelle für Sammlermünzen, VfS) has revamped its website.

http://www.deutsche-sammlermuenzen.de/

Until the end of 2005, the VfS was part of the Federal Securities Administration (BWPV). The old website still has some info (see the links in the side bar of this http://www.bwpv.de/sammlermuenzen.php3 page) but will probably be closed down some time in the future. After a call for tenders last year, the VfS is now operated by Deutsche Post which just opened the new site and a web store. A gallery of previously issued coins, and the quarterly magazine "prägefrisch.de", can also be found there.

Christian

I guess you ment something different with revamped :ninja:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, shopsupervisor.vfs.bmf@deutsche-sammlermuenzen.de and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.deutsche-sammlermuenzen.de Port 80

Hehe, yes, I saw that too, and actually posted a message about the error in the rcc newsgroup earlier today. But the new site was "live" for a while today, I saw it with my very own eyes. :ninja: One of the new products they offered was a €2 commem set (which many collectors had apparently asked for), in a package that looks similar to the annual unc sets. Guess they are still busy configuring the new website ...

Christian

Works again, it seems. Here is an image of the 5 x €2 commem prooflike set; if you can see it, the site is quite likely to be alive and well ...

900004s_gr.jpg

... and if not, it may work later. :ninja:

Christian

Nah, the name is a bit long but not redundant. Deutsche Sammlermünzen means German collector coins - and the VfS does sell coins to collectors. Sure "verkaufsstelle-fuer-sammlermuenzen.de" would be more precise, but even longer. :ninja:

(Edit - Well, they could have left the "deutsche" away, because of the ".de" at the end. But both "sammlermuenzen.de" and "sammlermünzen.de" were already taken. And the "deutsche" at the beginning indicates that this is not some dealer who sells collector coins and happens to be in Germany ...)

Christian

Archived