CoinPeople.com

airtite albums

syzygy

Not sure if lots of folks know about these. I'm a big fan of airtite capsules for storage and I use them for all of my type set coins. They are great for show and tell as you have no fears about handling and they should provide reasonable environmental protection. Problem is, how do you store them? I have been using flips with labels for the smaller ones and another plastic harness for a notebook - but neither one was optimal. So I picked up one of these airtite holder albums....

You put the airtite into cards - they fit pretty snug...

d1vd.jpg

Then the card goes into a plastic slip in the album...

b4hx.jpg

... and you can see both sides of the coins in the album...

c3dd.jpg

The album goes into a slipcover and on the shelf or deposit box or wherever.

a6by.jpg

Looks like you can mix and match cards, but I don't know if the larger sizes are available. I have to figure out a good way to label them.

Not to shabby at all.

Air Tights are an awesome storage method! I sure did not know about the folders, though. However, like the Bunny, it would not be cost effective for my collections. But it sure is a cool idea!

I've got Kointains capsules and will soon albumize some of my coins.

From what I've read recently neither method is as good as the intercept shield for stopping environmental damage

I had one of these once. The plastic sleeve is what I didn't like about them. Every time you pull the card out and put it back in, so much static electricity was generated that every speck of dust in the room was attracted to the album. You will see how dusty that sleeve becomes. They do look nice in the beginning though.

I had one of these once.  The plastic sleeve is what I didn't like about them.  Every time you pull the card out and put it back in, so much static electricity was generated that every speck of dust in the room was attracted to the album.  You will see how dusty that sleeve becomes.  They do look nice in the beginning though.

Hmmm I will be on the look out for that but it hasn't happened yet. I noticed that the cards have some kind of 'felt' on one side - I wonder if they made some improvements since the one you had. I was actually thinking that the felt, or whatever it is, might degrade with time and crumble.

I would like to see a marriage between Dansco and Air-Tite. Dansco albums for specific series which shows the coin statistic with standard openings to accept coins in an Air-Tite. I would like to display some of my collection and series in an album, but I do not care for toned coins, so I have stayed away from any coin album so far. I know that the album material will eventually tone out the coin. But I do think that an album that would hold the Air-Tite's snuggly would be a nice addition to the hobby.

Archived