CoinPeople.com

Must Have Russian Coin Books - Imperial

davidfo

I have :

Russian coins 1700-1917 (Konros 9. edition, 2007)

Монеты России. 1462-1717 гг - А. Гарост

Russian Coin catalog - Bitkin 2000

also i have A Complete Illustrated History of the Coins of The World - i found some coins info here

I have :

also i have A Complete Illustrated History of the Coins of The World - i found some coins info here

books must be updated and list of books be expanded :ninja:

I have :

Garost is not well regarded. The standard these days is Grishin Kleshnikov books.

Bitkin published an updated 2 volume version of his catalog, which is now a standard reference.

Konros has a new price guide every year, 2010 edition is now available.

Budget wise in my opinion - Uzdenikov's catalog is a winner hands down for beginners. It is written in both English and Russian.

My third edition (2004) is in Russian only. The second edition (1992) is in Russian and English, and to me is much more useful. Unfortunately, the catalog numbers have changed between the editions.

Steve

My recommendations -

Coins of Russia 1700-1917 Uzdennikov of Century In

Severin, "Coins of the Russian empire"

Биткин. The summary catalogue of coins of Rosii

Volume of stamping of the Russian coins of 1700-1917 V.V. Uzdennikov.

G.G.Sputnik's form of the numismatist. A management for collectors Russian серебрянных coins and their versions with 1796 on 1902г. Additions with 1796 on 1904

Бреке B.R.copper of a coin of imperial Russia 1700-1917.

Brekke B.F., T.V.copper's Beacon of a coin of imperial Russia. 1700-1917. Additions. In English.

Grand duke George Mihajlovich Korpus

Villi Fuks Russian coins of the XIII-XX-th centuries in gold, silver and copper. In German.

Gil H.H. and Ilyin А Russian coins чеканенные with 1801 on 1904.

Clerks of M. Е The Russian coins

G.G.Sputnik's form of the numismatist. A management for collectors Russian серебрянных coins and their versions with 1796 on 1902г. Additions with 1796 on 1904

Clerks of M. Е The Russian coins

Sputnik & Clerks never heard them, can you explain in more details?? :ninja:

Consult this thread: http://www.coinpeople.com/index.php?showto...;hl=antikvarius

Also, forum member Rarenum often sells various books.

Thanks. I went by the link provided above. I got intrigued by the $120 price offered by Antikvarius in 2008 for the 2003 edition of Bitkin catalog. A few days ago I contacted Antikvarius and even Mr. Bitkin through the email and message system trying to get this book from them. There was no reply so far. I do not have a budget to pay $250 on the eBay for this book. Does anyone know what happened with Antikvarius? Is there any other cheap sourse for this book?

Regards,

Thanks. I went by the link provided above. I got intrigued by the $120 price offered by Antikvarius in 2008 for the 2003 edition of Bitkin catalog. A few days ago I contacted Antikvarius and even Mr. Bitkin through the email and message system trying to get this book from them. There was no reply so far. I do not have a budget to pay $250 on the eBay for this book. Does anyone know what happened with Antikvarius? Is there any other cheap sourse for this book?

Regards,

I'm not sure if his site is still functional, but maybe you can contact him from it:

http://www.antikvarius.com.ua/shop/index.p...x&cPath=350

• 3 weeks later...
I'm not sure if his site is still functional, but maybe you can contact him from it:

http://www.antikvarius.com.ua/shop/index.p...x&cPath=350

I am happy to say that I just did get a copy of Russian Coin Catalog by Bitkin (2003, 2 volumes)! This is the best Russian coin catalog I ever had. In order to get the book I contacted Mr. Bitkin through the email and he advised me that book is still available through his publishing house ЮНОНА. The price was $120 + delivery. After I payed the money (through MoneyGram at local Canadian post office - only $10 for transaction) the book was delivered to me within 5 days! EXCELLENT SERVICE! The book by now is almost sold out (only 15 copies left). Mine is personally signed for me by Mr. Bitkin.

I am happy to say that I just did get a copy of Russian Coin Catalog by Bitkin (2003, 2 volumes)! This is the best Russian coin catalog I ever had. In order to get the book I contacted Mr. Bitkin through the email and he advised me that book is still available through his publishing house ЮНОНА. The price was $120 + delivery. After I payed the money (through MoneyGram at local Canadian post office - only $10 for transaction) the book was delivered to me within 5 days! EXCELLENT SERVICE! The book by now is almost sold out (only 15 copies left). Mine is personally signed for me by Mr. Bitkin.

Congrats!

Archived