CoinPeople.com

Thread of the Month

thedeadpoint

Hi all,

To help continue the great conversations and threads we've recently had throughout the CP community, I'd like to restart the "Post of the Week Awards" with a small change. I think we should commend the best thread created during the month of June 2009.

I consider a great thread one that:

- encourages discussion on a general topic or issue (ex. Art's Type Set Discussion)

- exhibits a careful study on a subject with a great presentation to all backgrounds and skill levels (ex. Bills' PIXTILOS Celtic Coins)

- has otherwise interested or inspired you in some way

If you see a thread that has met any of these bullet points and makes you say "Wow! I'm glad to be a member of this site!", then please post a link to the thread in the "POTW Award Nominations" forum with "June 2009" somewhere in the title. I encourage you to explain why you think it deserves the monthly award and that you comment on other nominations.

The "Thread of the Month" will be decided by general consensus.

I don't have an award in mind. Bragging rights just for now. But I'll try to have something small and tangible by the end of June. If any member feels compelled to give the small June award, please let me know. Additionally, I think all winning threads should be honored in a special forum. I don't know how to set that up.

Thanks everyone and I hope this is a tradition that lasts long and inspires more great discussion!

thedeadpoint

• 2 weeks later...

Just remember, everyone: if you see a fantastic thread that was started in the month of June, feel free to nominate it for Thread of the Month! It can be from ANY forum!

Also, I'm still looking for someone who can give a prize.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this will work as an inspirational item for members. I've been on other coin forums where they attempted to have prices for contests, givaways, free stuff, etc. and for some reason just no big thing. Don't know why either. For a post of the Month, where would it be reposted? Would it be just here in the regular place or a new section or forum? Would the Post of the Month become a permanent post somewhere? Guess I'm just thinking out lound to much.

Now if someone gave out an expensive prize, I'd nominate all my posts. ;):ninja:

Archived