CoinPeople.com

Need help identifying a coin

tkobo

The coin reads on one side :

REGINA ELIZABET D G ANG FRA ET -around what i assume is a picture of Queen Elizabeth I.

Theres no "H" at the end of Elizabeth though.

On the other :

MEVM POSVI DEVM ADIV

SANY0041a.jpg

SANY0043a.jpg

Thank you in advance for any help.

Sorry to say that this is an obvious fake. Most likely a reproduction made out of pewter.

It imitates an Elizabeth I Shilling which would be silver.

The genuine article should look something like this;

6477Liz1.jpg

76770Liz2.jpg

I hope you didn't pay the price of a genuine one for it. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

No problem,i didnt pay anything for it.I am not even sure where it came from.I found it on the floor in one of the rooms of my home while i am making a mess doing a shelving project.

It was likely in something and fell out on the floor as i was "rearranging" things to make room for the new shelve systems.

• 6 months later...

Evening all,

Today Whilst out with my detector I found a coin identical to the one pictured by YeOldeCollector, the one I found is in great condition. Could anyone give me an idea of how old the coin is and value if its worth anything?

Thanks in advance.

I would post a picture but I dont know how,can email pics if that would help though.

To post a picture, click on the Reply button. Under the window which will open is a section entitled "Attachment Editor".

Click on the Browse button in that area, and it will allow you to browse your computer to locate the .jpg or other picture file you want to post. Once you have located it click on the Open button in the browser window, then on the green UPLOAD button in the

Attachment Editor. So long as your picture is no greater than 100K in size, it will then be included in your posting.

A picture would make answering your inquiry 1000% easier (and more accurate).

Evening all,

Today Whilst out with my detector I found a coin identical to the one pictured by YeOldeCollector, the one I found is in great condition. Could anyone give me an idea of how old the coin is and value if its worth anything?

Thanks in advance.

I would post a picture but I dont know how,can email pics if that would help though.

I'd be more than happy to help.

Feel free to email me; Clive@HistoricCoinage.com

Archived