CoinPeople.com

Unknown purchase "Ended"

Okay, I am going out to the coin shop today. Since this is kind of short notice I'll keep the contest open until Sunday. I've got money burning in my pocket and not going after anything in particular. (Okay, I probably should try to keep focused on my morgans. I am not saying it won't be a morgan though. If I spot one I like... But I have been feeling like moving around some. Trying to keep interest up. ) Anyways the contest will be for who ever can make the closest guess to what I pick up. Max picks 3 you can do them all at once or one a day whichever you chose. I would suggest finishing any guesses early Sunday since time zones vary and not real sure what time I'll pick the winner. I will be judging by country, denomination, and year. In that order. In other words all of the same country will be looked at first others discarded, then denomination and others discarded, and lastly closest to date if it comes down to that.

Prize will be a coin I pick out of the bulk silver bin at the same shop. I will post a pic of that after I get it.

I probably forgot to say some kind of rule on picking the winner, but the main one is my say is final. Any ties will be picked according to first post.

Okay, heres the prize 1976 French 50 franc.

197650francob.jpg

197650francrev.jpg

;) This looks tricky.

GB double florin 1887.

U.S Dollar 1900

Russia 1897 Rouble

I really hope that either you or your local coin shop has a thing for turn of the century coins ;)

:ninja:

This seems like fun, and the prize is awesome! Here are my guesses:

1947 Mexico 5-peso

1887 Morgan Dollar

1869 France 5-franc silver

Deadpoint, if you find a 1917 Panama 1-balboa, check for chinese lettering as I thought the 1-balboa was introduced in 1931.

Okay, I guess here is one of the deals I did not quite expect. No one made it to the denomination point. Resetting everything and the contest goes on till Wednesday. Even if you have tried before you get another 3 tries.

Wait, so someone is right with country but not denomination?

My guesses will come later.

Right, the country had been guessed but not the denomination. And that if is the point were the contest can be won. Having both Country and denomination. At least if there are not two or more correct country and denominations by Wednesday. And if there is two or more then its whoever is closest to date. I knew what I meant when I wrote it it just may not have come out clear. :ninja: Clear as mud now?

From the first post.

"In other words all of the same country will be looked at first others discarded, then denomination and others discarded, and lastly closest to date if it comes down to that."

;) I misunderstood "No one made it to the denomination" to mean that no one picked the right country. That's what I get for eating too many waffles.

I had a hard time conveying what I was saying. I figured if it was country alone it would end the first day with just the country. How about a do over/over. There really has not been any hits. Starting with this post the contest begins anew. Remember rhe country was named in the first three days. Just not the denomination. Okay, post away. The 50 francs really want a good home to go to. :ninja:

So everyone gets a new set of guesses since I really did not make it clear.

Mexico - Un Peso - 1911

US - Quarter - 1920

Panama - Un Balboa - 1917

Mexico - Cinco Peso - 1947

Panama - un cuarto de balboa - 1923

US - Walking Half - 1938

;) This looks tricky.

GB double florin 1887.

U.S Dollar 1900

Russia 1897 Rouble

I really hope that either you or your local coin shop has a thing for turn of the century coins ;)

:ninja:

Time zone'll probably kick me in the nuts for this:

GB 3halfpence 1836

GB Florin 1887

Russia 1924 Half Rouble (50 Kopecks)

Okay for a continuation of the contest see The never ending "Unknown Purchase" contest

Please place your guesses there. Same deal country and denomination. Ties to be decided by closest to year. (Just hope it does not get down to that and a tie there also. ;):ninja: )

• 1 month later...
Okay, I am going out to the coin shop today. Since this is kind of short notice I'll keep the contest open until Sunday. I've got money burning in my pocket and not going after anything in particular. (Okay, I probably should try to keep focused on my morgans. I am not saying it won't be a morgan though. If I spot one I like... But I have been feeling like moving around some. Trying to keep interest up. ) Anyways the contest will be for who ever can make the closest guess to what I pick up. Max picks 3 you can do them all at once or one a day whichever you chose. I would suggest finishing any guesses early Sunday since time zones vary and not real sure what time I'll pick the winner. I will be judging by country, denomination, and year. In that order. In other words all of the same country will be looked at first others discarded, then denomination and others discarded, and lastly closest to date if it comes down to that.

Prize will be a coin I pick out of the bulk silver bin at the same shop. I will post a pic of that after I get it.

I probably forgot to say some kind of rule on picking the winner, but the main one is my say is final. Any ties will be picked according to first post.

Okay, heres the prize 1976 French 50 franc.

197650francob.jpg

197650francrev.jpg

Archived