CoinPeople.com

Adrianov books

alexbq2

I’m not sure that I’ve found the best way to acquire books by that author. To be honest, I did not spend that much time investigating the possible sources. But I did manage to contact the author and figure out a payment method.

I will share my findings, but if anyone knows easier/better source please add it to this thread.

Mr. Adrianov pointed me to this site for the description of his works: http://www.coins.su/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20474

“Russian coins 1700-2000” is 2000 rub

“Coins of Soviet and Modern Russia” is 1500 rub

“Russian Silver coinage 1832-1858” is 1800 rub

In my case, ground shipping charge for all 3 books was 350 rub.

You can contact the author through the forum or numizmatsssr@rambler.ru . He will tell you to send the money through Contact system. This is what he is talking about:

http://www.contact-sys.com/eng/transfer/howsend.html

Here you may be able to find a location near you from which you can send the cash:

http://www.contact-sys.com/eng/transfer/from.html

If sending money through Contact, you will need to specify the recipient’s full name, and receiving bank’s address:

Name: Jaroslaff Vladilenovich Adrianov

Bank: Kama-Bank

City: Perm

Street: Lenin Str

Building #: 46

You will also need to supply your own full name and address.

Once you’ve completed the payment, you will get a receipt with a PIN number. You will need to send that PIN to Mr. Adrianov, along with your name and address as they appear on the receipt.

Note: Contact is operated by RusSlavBank, and that’s what appeared on my receipt as destination bank instead of Kama-Bank.

I did not receive the books yet, but I hope everything goes well.

Thanks, Alex! :ninja: It should also be mentioned that his works are written in Russian -- at least the catalog I have, "Russian coins 1700-2000", is only in Russian. I don't know about the other works, though.

As to prices, it may be possible to find "Russian coins 1700-2000" cheaper ... I recently won mine on eBay for $35, for example (about $50 with shipping to Switzerland). But the edition is limited to 1,000, and I think the prices should reflect that.

Igor, do you mean a new edition of "Russian coins 1700-2000", or of one of the other books?

He posted on coins.su that he is working on 1700 -1917 catalog. He is collecting information on overdates right now, so I imagine that this catalog will not come out this year, that's just my impression though.

He posted on coins.su that he is working on 1700 -1917 catalog. He is collecting information on overdates right now, so I imagine that this catalog will not come out this year, that's just my impression though.

Thank you for this information. :ninja: Your conclusion seems like a reasonable one. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my books from Mr. Adrianov! They made it from Russia to Colorado in under 2 weeks!

I haven’t had much time to review them but my overall impression is very positive. Mr. Adrianov had inserted the latest errata addendum pages into all catalogs.

Interesting to note that the Russian coins 1700-2000 was published in 2001, and is a great illustration of the recent price hike that swept through the Russian coin market. The 1913 Romanoff rouble is listed to be worth 25-35 US in XF. Now in XF it’s like 150! I can’t even remember buying anything worthwhile for under 30 dollars this last year.

• 11 months later...

I received the new Adrianov catalogue of copper coins last evening. My first impressions were positive. The book in its size and format is very similar to his last book on the silver coinage of a part of the 19th century. A great emphasis on identifying, and illustrating varieties. Illustrations are in black and white, but fairly clear. The book is in Russian only.

Rarity is expressed in rouble prices and in some cases a series of Rs (R to RRRR). It is curious that the prices captured in this book are those from the summer/fall of 2008. Which is about the peak of Russian coin prices. If you also have his books from 2000, which capture prices not too far from the post 1998 bottom, you get a curious historical account of the meteoric rise of this market.

I received the new Adrianov catalogue of copper coins last evening. My first impressions were positive. The book in its size and format is very similar to his last book on the silver coinage of a part of the 19th century. A great emphasis on identifying, and illustrating varieties. Illustrations are in black and white, but fairly clear. The book is in Russian only.

Rarity is expressed in rouble prices and in some cases a series of Rs (R to RRRR). It is curious that the prices captured in this book are those from the summer/fall of 2008. Which is about the peak of Russian coin prices. If you also have his books from 2000, which capture prices not too far from the post 1998 bottom, you get a curious historical account of the meteoric rise of this market.

the main disadvantage of this catalog (on copper coins) is that the rare coins are determined in the incorrect rarity scale because the author had no access to the museum collections and most major foreign auctions,

and the rarity in this catalog is just indicating his opinion from very old russian catalogs (pre-1917), recent moscow/st.petersburg auctions, and his own collection where he lives not too far from Anninsk mint;

however this catalog is good for those who are not interesting in collecting of rare copper coins :ninja:

Archived