CoinPeople.com

Rules of how to post your picture for PCI 07

This is the rules for posting your coin pictures for PCI. I have to ask everyone's cooperation to make my life easier as I am expecting a flood of links which I undoubtly think will be all hot candidates for this year's competition.

As mentioned, there will be eight different catagories and therefore you will see eight different threads. If you are going to post three different coins, please post them all in a single post. In the event where you feel that you can post in two or more different catagories, you are free to choose whichever catagories you want to post it in but only post that coin in a catagory, i.e. not in two different catagories at once.

You are free to edit as many times as you wish until the closing date, which will be the end of November. However I must ask you to post your coin image as the following that is

1) Post in omnicoin (as everyone will have the same size format) - If you have problems with uploading your coin image to omnicoin, I am more than happy to do the uploading.

2) The coin that you are submitting is strictly yours, i.e. not your dream coin or someone else's image

3) If you are submitting three different coins in a single catagory, post them all in a single post. Use the edit button as many times as you need (as long as you don't end up killing the forum)

4) Please post your images as URL format, not img format

For example, I do not want to see this:

910622.jpg

But I want to see this instead:

http://www.omnicoin.com/coins/910622.jpg

The correct code that you should be using is:

[url]http://www.omnicoin.com/coins/910622.jpg[/url] <- 

NOT [img=http://www.omnicoin.com/coins/910622.jpg]

5) Label the description well!

6) Any questions, problems, pm me.

7) Enjoy! :ninja:

Thanks for your cooperation!

The only reason why I'm asking it in url format is because I can just copy and paste the link when it comes to the competition. I can right click and copy the urls but that's going to be quite a hassle.

Also makes it a nice level playing field for our competition. I for one am confident enough that my coins will win anyway, so I worry not about posting URL's instead of images yet. :ninja: But wait, just wait, until you see what happens with Popular Banknote Idol when I get around to posting the images. ;) ;) ;)

Just a thought but do you think there should be a rule stating that entrants should not be able to vote for their own coins? as it should be up to other users to decide and affect the outcome.

Uh huh, unless we attach your IP to your vote and make a major software upgrade, canna be possible.

For the most part I voted for my coins, but face it, like I voted for one of GPNYC's coins instead of my own and sank myself in PCI-4 or so. I liked his 1911 50 Lire more than whatever forgotten coin I had up against it.

Uh huh, unless we attach your IP to your vote and make a major software upgrade, canna be possible.

For the most part I voted for my coins, but face it, like I voted for one of GPNYC's coins instead of my own and sank myself in PCI-4 or so. I liked his 1911 50 Lire more than whatever forgotten coin I had up against it.

I can see the dilemma with people voting under aliases but surely members wouldn't stoop that low? To go to the lengths of registering under another name to place a vote? And if they are going to do that they could still do it with the current rules anyway. I'm not having a go at people who have voted for their own coins in the past and I'm sure a lot of voters like yourself whom have honor will only vote for the coin they believe is the best, but there is bound to be some bias voting going to take place and what if one of the contestants can't make it to a computer to place a vote on his coin. Then he's going to be one vote down? It just doesn't seem right to me. It would be like having a Miss World competition were one of the judges was the father of one of the contestants.

Except for that Belgian beer drinking, chocolate consuming womanizing alias that phantomasly appears asunder, the rest of us are a pretty fair though motley lot.

;) Ok. I can see your point and agree that the members on this forum will play fair. I didn't want to sound suspicious or point fingers or accuse anyone of unfair play. It 's just in my experience in most contests contestants can't usually vote on their entry's. That was the only point I was trying to make.

Since no one else has posted I'll assume others don't agree with me or don't feel the need to make this change to the rules so please ignore my last request. :ninja:

Archived