CoinPeople.com

Software Upgrades and Pruning

akdrv

It's been about 10 months since the last software update and it look like we'll have to go through another one.

I don't know if you noticed or not but we haven't had any spam posted on the forums for several months.

This is mainly because I manually approve all new member registrations. This method works well,

but it's very time consuming, new members have to wait for their accounts to be approved and I'm

afraid that some of them do not return after they are approved. I have to sift through 10-20 spam

registrations per day to approve 3-5 real registrations.

The new version of the software has more advanced spam bot filters and I'm hoping that we'll

be able to go back to automatic registrations.

The new version is also supposed to faster, have a new default skin and more customizable profiles with social networking features.

The downside, once again, will be that the Retro skin will be broken. I'll do my best to fix it after the upgrade, but I make no promises.

This time there will be a PRUNING :ninja:;);) , but it will only affect very old threads in the Asylum.

So if you notice anything unusual this week, it will be because of the upgrades. If anything is broken please let me know.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's the dreaded PRUNING! ;);)

;);):D

(Wonder how many of my posts will have to go.)

IT'S DONE. :ninja:

The Asylum topics with no new posts in the last 120 days were removed.

The Asylum went from 211,000 to 125,000. Individual post counts were not updated,

but I'm afraid they will be when the upgrade is done.

OK, now I understand why I suddenly found myself not logged in, with IBP default skin...

Retro is indeed broken.... :ninja:

Anyway, thanks for all your work on this great site, Anton!!

What T3 said, especiallly the part about Thanks.....

But it does look good. Hope the future doesn't mean more spotty kids spamming just because of the challenge :ninja:

lets keep the site spammers free :D !!!!! im up for grabing bats an goin to the person who spams house ;) any takers ;) i know if dustin was here he will tag along with a shot gun ;)!! ;)

Hey, seems that CP Retro now works ... for those who insist on using it. :ninja:

The new look is interesting, but I don't know yet which "skin" I will pick. Currently I don't really like the dark gray ones, but that may change. Right now I am using "IPB 2.2.0 Default", primarily because that is one which uses the font that I specified in my browser prefs. The IP Board Pro skins seem to enforce some other font (Arial?) however ... grmpf.

Christian

At the bottom of a forum page there is a bar (see the attached screenshot). It may look a little different, of course, depending on what computer/browser/"skin" you currently use. Now click on the pop-up menu in the middle, and try the various skins out.

bild_1.jpg

(Selecting "Retro CoinPeople" may or may not result in an error message. :ninja: The others work fine here.)

Christian

At the bottom of a forum page there is a bar (see the attached screenshot). It may look a little different, of course, depending on what computer/browser/"skin" you currently use. Now click on the pop-up menu in the middle, and try the various skins out.

bild_1.jpg

(Selecting "Retro CoinPeople" may or may not result in an error message. :ninja: The others work fine here.)

Christian

ty ;)

Archived