CoinPeople.com

Stuff made outta coins

16d

I wan't to start a thread showing various items made from coins, some of this stuff gets interesting. Post a pic if you run across something, from the functional, to the fanciful. Here's some thing I saw today, a Netherland cut-out dish:

A503.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wan't to start a thread showing various items made from coins, some of this stuff gets interesting. Post a pic if you run across something, from the functional, to the fanciful. Here's some thing I saw today, a Netherland cut-out dish:

A503.jpg

Looks like the backdrop for a clock.

A503.jpg

I think that is really cool.

"This is a company that makes buttons out of coins and places them on jeans"

For about a year now, all my southwest kinda shirt have mercs, courtesy of Sandy.

In England, there's the King's Shilling Tankards. A Shilling is spun into the glass bottom of the tankard. In the days when recruits to the Royal Navy were paid a signing-on bounty of one shilling, press gangs of unscrupulous recruiting officers tricked men into committing themselves to service by passing the coin to them in a tankard of ale. By drinking the ale, the victim was then deemed to have struck a bargain by having accepted the King's Shilling. To protect innocent men from being bamboozled into joining the King's Navy, in the 18th century they invented a glass-bottomed tankard so that a man could spot the hidden danger as soon as he raised it to his lips.

I sell coin jewelry such as mercury dime earrings, SLQ pendants and fobs, rings made with Kaiserreich 1/2mark coins as the boss, etc. Some of it qualifies for the disclaimer: "No coin was harmed in the making of this jewelry" while some are made from coins which have already been damaged.

African Mask with French-Camaroun coins:

6-17-05-012S.jpg

Those probably aren't real coins. I've seen some Afircan masks with embedded coins, and all were fantasy pieces. (mismatched reverse/obverse, and wrong metal)