CoinPeople.com

Oh, what the heck.

New to this place, but not new to fora (so I know how to behave), so I think I'll go poke around for a thread to dip my nose into... :ninja:

Ohyah, the messy details: Kennedys, Jeffersons, Ikes, proofs, UK (pre- and post-decimal, mostly pre), Polish, Russian/Soviet, and anything dated my birth year.

Dean of the collection, age-wise: 1749 George II penny. That's a big hunk of copper there.

Yes, I just recently started when one of the coin shops I frequent turned out to have a pile of Soviet and post-Soviet Russian money in the foreign bin. The transitional money in the old Warsaw Pact bloc is interesting, although Polish money during the Communist era skirted the Party line a few times.

Welcome! With those colleting interests, I think you will find quite a few like minded folks here!

Well, and I expect to learn a few things that I don't know about the coins I collect, too. :ninja:

Well, and I expect to learn a few things that I don't know about the coins I collect, too.  :lol:

I learn new stuff here about the coins I collect all the time!

I find I also learn a lot about the coins I don't collect as well! That is the dangerous part. New collecting interests are dangerous to my wallet! :ninja:

New collecting interests are dangerous to my wallet! :ninja:

Augh, tell me about it... I stumbled across a couple nice late Russians (both Russian and Soviet) in the foreign bin at a local shop, and that was it. Feh. I mean, I come by the Polish naturally--I am a Pole by heritage (anyone got a '67 General Sikorski 10 złoty they don't want anymore?). The Russian... I dunno. They had a small but nice selection of late kopeks and rubles--on the Soviet side, the '61 15 kopek caught my eye because it was such an unusual denomination, and on the Russian side, there was a nice run of '97s: 5 and 50 kopek, 1 and 2 ruble. Haven't gone for the Tsarist coinage... yet.

ikaros, if you are collecting both Russian and Polish coins, here is one set that I would recommand you to collect:

Russo-Polish coins:

901664.jpg

902455.jpg

This is probably one of the scarce moments when the Polish had to have Russian currency incoporated into their currency. Sorry, I don't have a whole set yet as such coins are getting somewhat difficult to find :ninja:

Feel free to browse my collection at omnicoin and ask any questions you have. :lol:

ikaros, if you are collecting both Russian and Polish coins, here is one set that I would recommand you to collect:

Russo-Polish coins:

:lol:

:ninja:

I didn't even know there was such a thing as joint Russo-Polish coinage... although thinking back about 19th century Polish history, it makes sense. I have got to find me some of these.

Wait till you get a hold of the 3ruble-20zlot gold coin... :ninja: That's a pretty coin :lol:

I love the idea of two different currencies represented by the same coin. Heck, a copper coin of 3 kopeek/20 groszy would be cool. But let me get some American gold (preferably a choice Indian quarter or half eagle, since the odds of me hitting the lottery and getting my hands on a Saint Gaudens double are pretty small) before I worry about foreign gold!

Aw, heck. I'll take the first gold I can get my grubbies on. :cry:

Welcome ikaros!

Russo-Polish coins:

901664.jpg

I actually was hoping to pick up one of these at the auction I was at today, but they all went way above what I budgeted for myself. :ninja:

Maybe next time. :lol:

Archived