CoinPeople.com

Who's going to buy a president dollar coin Dansco?

Dockwalliper

You also might have to add another page to your state quarter album.

Congress is currently considering the fifth legislative attempt to authorize an additional year of circulating commemorative quarters in 2009. Of course, in order to go into effect, the legislation would have to be approved by Congress and then signed into law by the president.

The legislation calls for the issuance of circulating quarters in 2009 to honor, in order, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the United States Virgin Islands and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands

The latest legislation, H.R. 3885, introduced by Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton, D-District of Columbia, is known as the District of Columbia and United States Territories Circulating Quarter Dollar Program Act.

Not me. I'd as soon collect plastic pop bottles as to fool with any of that politician worshipping crap. My rule of thumb for coin collecting is that if it has no intrinsic value, I'm not interested in it.

Not for me either. I'll include them for the new US Type Set, but I really consider them to be similar to NCLT.

Use the cheapest folder I can find and collect them from circulation.

I might do a set like that also, like I do with the State Quarters. Assuming, of course, that I ever see one of them in change. Been about 5 years or so since I got a dollar coin in actual commerce. :ninja:

I might do a set like that also, like I do with the State Quarters. Assuming, of course, that I ever see one of them in change. Been about 5 years or so since I got a dollar coin in actual commerce. :ninja:

Stu you know the secret is the PO ;)

...its figureing out what to do with all the stamps ;)

-Bobby

This bugs me:

`(D) INSCRIPTIONS OF `LIBERTY'- Notwithstanding the second sentence of subsection (d)(1), because the use of a design bearing the likeness of the Statue of Liberty on the reverse of the coins issued under this subsection adequately conveys the concept of Liberty, the inscription of `Liberty' shall not appear on the coins.

:ninja:

First, they will take Liberty off our coins.

Then, they will take it away from us!!

My God! This whole dollar program is the start of conspiracy!!

Democracy crushing conspiracys do not deserve dansco folders!

:ninja:

So, to answer your question, I will not be buying the folder.

I guess 200 some odd years of having the words LIBERTY on our dollars is enough already.

I am not crazy about the date and mint mark being moved to the edge either:

In order to revitalize the design of United States coinage and return circulating coinage to its position as not only a necessary means of exchange in commerce, but also as an object of aesthetic beauty in its own right, it is appropriate to move many of the mottos and emblems, the inscription of the year, and the so-called `mint marks' that currently appear on the 2 faces of each circulating coin to the edge of the coin, which would allow larger and more dramatic artwork on the coins reminiscent of the so-called `Golden Age of Coinage' in the United States, at the beginning of the Twentieth Century, initiated by President Theodore Roosevelt, with the assistance of noted sculptors and medallic artists James Earle Fraser and Augustus Saint-Gaudens.

IIRC, the 'Golden Age' coins didn't have a problem having all that stuff on the faces of the coin. :ninja:

Typical Congressional (non)thinking.

I guess 200 some odd years of having the words LIBERTY on our dollars is enough already.

I am not crazy about the date and mint mark being moved to the edge either:

IIRC, the 'Golden Age' coins didn't have a problem having all that stuff on the faces of the coin. :ninja:

Typical Congressional (non)thinking.

Teddy Roosevelt and Augustus Saint-Gaudens should be spinning in their graves about now... ;)

Archived